Windows 10: The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...

Discus and support The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The error message appears when I try to log in using my PIN so I can’t use the search bar, run diagnostics, check files or ANYTHING. Everything I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LaurelHarrington, May 12, 2022.

1. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...

The error message appears when I try to log in using my PIN so I can’t use the search bar, run diagnostics, check files or ANYTHING. Everything I’ve read so far about how to fix it assumes I’m already logged in

:)

LaurelHarrington, May 12, 2022

2. Remote procedure call failed

Hi,

To better help you with this concern, please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, you can check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided by Divya Murugan.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Charianne Per, May 12, 2022
  3. Installed Windows 10- now cannot get started at all- "remote call procedure failed"

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that Windows is prompting you with the error message
    The remote procedure call failed and did not execute at Start up.

As an initial recommendation I would suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service. Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow below.

a. Click Start and type services.msc in the search box

b. Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service

Run System file checker tool in Windows. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    As a work around, also check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 12, 2022
  4. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...

Windows 10, Twinui failed procedure calls and No listing of error in Event Log .

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with access the photos with error:
    The remote procedure call failed after the Windows update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the exact error code/ error message of this issue?
    • What is the photos file type you are facing the issue with?
    • Which is latest update being installed on your device?

I suggest you to use Windows Photo app to view the photos and check if the issue persists.

As a work around I suggest you to try the following and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to uninstall the update, restart the device and check if you are able to access the photos.

Steps:

1. Right click on the
    Start button and select Programs and Features.

2. Click on View installed updates.

3. Right click on the latest update and then click
    Uninstall.

Note: Administrator permission required if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Method 2: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual.

Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service,
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2022
Thema:

The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...

1. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR... - Similar Threads - remote procedure call

2. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  3. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  4. keep ketting message 'the remote procedure call failed and did not execute'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keep ketting message 'the remote procedure call failed and did not execute': hello everybody, i keep getting the message 'the remote procedure call failed and did not execute' when i try to open file downloaded. In fact, when i try to open the download folder it does not respond at all....
  5. keep ketting message 'the remote procedure call failed and did not execute'

keep ketting message 'the remote procedure call failed and did not execute': hello everybody, i keep getting the message 'the remote procedure call failed and did not execute' when i try to open file downloaded. In fact, when i try to open the download folder it does not respond at all....
  6. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...: The error message appears when I try to log in using my PIN so I can’t use the search bar, run diagnostics, check files or ANYTHING. Everything I’ve read so far about how to fix it assumes I’m already logged in...
  7. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...

The remote procedure call failed and did not execute AND I CANT LOG IN SO NO SEARCH BAR OR...: The error message appears when I try to log in using my PIN so I can’t use the search bar, run diagnostics, check files or ANYTHING. Everything I’ve read so far about how to fix it assumes I’m already logged in...
  8. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  9. Remote Procedure Call Failed

Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  10. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote procedure call failed: Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and...