Windows 10: the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error

Discus and support the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Touro Desk Pro disk Hitachi HDS72302 which I'm not able no initialize on Windows 10. I just reinstalled the system and it doesn't not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joao Santiago, Jan 20, 2021.

1. the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error

I have a Touro Desk Pro disk Hitachi HDS72302 which I'm not able no initialize on Windows 10.

I just reinstalled the system and it doesn't not work. If I boot in Safe Mode it runs well.

Any idea?

I do not have any issue on the devices. Everything ok.

the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error 1841e376-3772-4e8e-9db6-e4dac3d5090f?upload=true.jpg

Thank you

:)

Joao Santiago, Jan 20, 2021
  2. shiq Win User

I/O device error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

I am currently using Windows 10 on my laptop, Asus A450L.

I tried to open my pendrive, but an error message came out, saying that "F is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

I was searching the Internet to find the solution of it and came across with a suggestion to perform a disk check. So, I open my Command Prompt and typed chkdsk F:/ f. The result came out as "Cannot open volume for direct access".

Please let me know how can I fix the I/O error.

Thank you.

3. How to Fix: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

I have a external hard drive and whenever i open it it says The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error please help

Rocket3000, Jan 20, 2021
  4. ex_reven Win User

the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error

I/O Device Error

Hey guys, i just put together a new case and upon trying to use a cd I found that i got an error:

"The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error"

I have a 250gb SATA II drive connected to the mobo by means of a SATA cable.
    While my LG DVD Drive is connected to the mobo with an IDE Cable, the IDE cable has 3 ends (one to plug into the mobo, one for an IDE Hard drive and another for a CD Drive i presume)

Is the error being caused because both the hard drive and the DVD drive think they are the primary devices? If so how do i fix this?

Thanks *Toast :toast: ,
    Ex_ReVeN

ex_reven, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error

1. the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error - Similar Threads - request performed device

2. DISKPART has encountered an error, The request could not be performed because of an IO...

in Windows 10 News
    DISKPART has encountered an error, The request could not be performed because of an IO...: [ATTACH]DISKPART is a go-to command for Windows users to make partitions in a Drive. But for some of them, it fails to work. According to these users, when trying to do some task on a disk with this command, they see the following error message. DiskPart has encountered an...
  3. sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation: how to i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-could-not-perform-the-requested/23cb2ada-660b-48a9-acd9-4a81999b5759
  4. sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation: how to i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-could-not-perform-the-requested/23cb2ada-660b-48a9-acd9-4a81999b5759
  5. Backup Error 0x8078012D, The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

in Windows 10 News
    Backup Error 0x8078012D, The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error: When using the Windows Backup and Restore Tool in Windows10, if you receive the following Backup error message, then this post will be able to help you: The operation failed due to a device error encountered with either the source or destination, The request could not be...
  6. Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-protection-could-not-perform-the/aa10ef85-3931-49be-ad00-2d816a4e7635
  7. How to Fix: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Fix: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error: I have a external hard drive and whenever i open it it says The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-request-could-not-be-performed/7c069e53-d0d3-41f9-9763-6bd8623dc442
  8. WRP Could not perform the requested operation 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WRP Could not perform the requested operation 2020: I've been fighting with my CMD for the past couple hours now. I've attempted the DISM Repair protocol, chkdsk but to no avail. Upon investigating the issue via sfc /verifyonly I discovered there were in fact issues, I have discovered something interesting in the CBS Log for...
  9. Cannot initialize 2nd harddrive: The Request could not be performed because of an I/O...

Cannot initialize 2nd harddrive: The Request could not be performed because of an I/O...: First, I backed up all of the folders on both hard drives of my old Windows 7 machine to several USB Flash Drives. I took the second hard drive out of my old Windows 7 desktop, and installed and hooked it up in my new Windows 10 Desktop. I went to "Disk Management" where I...
  10. i/o device error

i/o device error: Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it recognizes, it shifts to a different drive. I get "I/O device error" on the other 2. It worked perfectly before the update....