Windows 10: The request is not supported

Discus and support The request is not supported in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I started experiencing an issue when I try to install setup files. I receive a message "the request is not supported". I have to install in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lario48, Feb 11, 2019.

1. lario48 Win User

The request is not supported

Recently I started experiencing an issue when I try to install setup files. I receive a message "the request is not supported". I have to install in "safe mode".

Could this be the result of a recent "windows update".

:)

lario48, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 11, 2019
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Feb 11, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. The request is not supported - Similar Threads - request supported

2. Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...: I hope this message finds you well. In light of the recent announcement on January 25, 2024, where Microsoft India introduced two new Indian languages, Chhattisgarhi and Manipuri, in Microsoft Translator, I am writing to request an extension of support for Manipuri in Meitei...
  3. Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...: I hope this message finds you well. In light of the recent announcement on January 25, 2024, where Microsoft India introduced two new Indian languages, Chhattisgarhi and Manipuri, in Microsoft Translator, I am writing to request an extension of support for Manipuri in Meitei...
  4. Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11: Hey guys,I kindly request that you add the 44 XEON CPUS back to windows 11 support. These CPUS were marketed as Workstation CPUs. Removing the Xeons was a bad decision. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not too late. Intel Xeon E-2104GIntel Xeon E-2124Intel Xeon E-2124GIntel Xeon...
  5. Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11

Request to add XEON CPU support back to Windows 11: Hey guys,I kindly request that you add the 44 XEON CPUS back to windows 11 support. These CPUS were marketed as Workstation CPUs. Removing the Xeons was a bad decision. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not too late. Intel Xeon E-2104GIntel Xeon E-2124Intel Xeon E-2124GIntel Xeon...
  6. The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID...: I tried filling out the form on the government website, but for a week it's always been like that.What actions are needed to resolve this problem? Info on my PC as of 07/11/2023Operating System: Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 22621...
  7. The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID...

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID...: I tried filling out the form on the government website, but for a week it's always been like that.What actions are needed to resolve this problem? Info on my PC as of 07/11/2023Operating System: Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 22621...
  8. How long does it take for Microsoft Support to respond to support requests?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long does it take for Microsoft Support to respond to support requests?: I've been led in circles trying to contact customer support about a Windows issue after a bios update. I've followed every question page and forum that I could to resolve the issue but all of the answers lead me back to "Contact Customer Support". Well I submitted a support...
  9. How long does it take for Microsoft Support to respond to support requests?

How long does it take for Microsoft Support to respond to support requests?: I've been led in circles trying to contact customer support about a Windows issue after a bios update. I've followed every question page and forum that I could to resolve the issue but all of the answers lead me back to "Contact Customer Support". Well I submitted a support...
  10. How long does it take for Microsoft Support to respond to support requests?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade