Windows 10: The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation

Discus and support The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I received the subject message in a Windows Service that I personally developed in the C# programming language. Any idea which unidentified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EndUser_1004, Nov 24, 2020.

1. The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation

I received the subject message in a Windows Service that I personally developed in the C# programming language. Any idea which unidentified limitation was the cause of the failure to complete? I assume the unidentified operation is a StreamWriter.WriteLine. Is it possible for Windows to issue diagnostic messages that complain with details?

:)

EndUser_1004, Nov 24, 2020

2. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 24, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Nov 24, 2020
  4. The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation

Error: "Windows couldn't complete the requested changes", "The system cant find the file specified" on Windows 10

Recently I purchased a game called rust. I have received an error saying

"Windows couldn't complete the requested changes"

"The system cant find the file specified"

I already tried this:

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    .NET Framework 3.5. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Programs and features, click on
      Turn Windows features on or off on the left pane.

• Click on .NET Framework 3.5 on the Window pop up to expand.

• Uncheck the box and check on Ok.
    • To re-install it back check on the box and click on OK.
    Also, I suggest you to install all the Windows update.

so please don't reply with this. (same thing popped up)

Please help me! I would greatly appreciate it!

Original title: I need help with framework 3.5

GetPrankdBro, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation

1. The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation - Similar Threads - requested operation completed

2. printer operation could not be complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer operation could not be complete: There is a problem with my printer. It works yesterday however right now I cant print at all. Test page is working fine though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-operation-could-not-be-complete/e3e192f7-383c-4729-b400-4873e6ce7d07
  3. printer operation could not be complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer operation could not be complete: There is a problem with my printer. It works yesterday however right now I cant print at all. Test page is working fine though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-operation-could-not-be-complete/e3e192f7-383c-4729-b400-4873e6ce7d07
  4. printer operation could not be complete

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation: how to i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-could-not-perform-the-requested/23cb2ada-660b-48a9-acd9-4a81999b5759
  6. sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation

sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation: how to i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-could-not-perform-the-requested/23cb2ada-660b-48a9-acd9-4a81999b5759
  7. Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-protection-could-not-perform-the/aa10ef85-3931-49be-ad00-2d816a4e7635
  8. WRP Could not perform the requested operation 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WRP Could not perform the requested operation 2020: I've been fighting with my CMD for the past couple hours now. I've attempted the DISM Repair protocol, chkdsk but to no avail. Upon investigating the issue via sfc /verifyonly I discovered there were in fact issues, I have discovered something interesting in the CBS Log for...
  9. could not complete operation due to error code 8004808c

could not complete operation due to error code 8004808c: cant find the error code anywhere on the net...cant save my PDF file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-complete-operation-due-to-error-code/60a03a7a-45c0-4f8d-a4b1-284eb206164e
  10. Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to terminate process, The operation could not be completed: [ATTACH] At times, you may find that you are not able to kill a particular process using the Windows Task Manager, and when you try to do so, you receive a message – Unable to terminate process, The operation could not [...] This post Unable to terminate process, The...