Windows 10: The restore point could not be createdfor the following reason - Access is denied Ox80070005.

Discus and support The restore point could not be createdfor the following reason - Access is denied Ox80070005. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Toshiba, Windows 10 laptop. Only just running after major system crash. Machine was recovered by using system restore in safe mode. Unable to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Webuser22, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Webuser22 Win User

The restore point could not be createdfor the following reason - Access is denied Ox80070005.

Toshiba, Windows 10 laptop.

Only just running after major system crash.

Machine was recovered by using system restore in safe mode.

Unable to create new manual restore point in normal mode.

Want to check for updates.

:)

Webuser22, Aug 12, 2019

2. For some reason, I'm getting this weird "EXTRA" folders and files to which I'm denied access. What is the possible reason that this is happening?

Hi Yashaswi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

An "Access Denied" error message can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership has changed.
    • You do not have the appropriate permissions.
    • The file is encrypted.
    I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article on ""Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows" and see if this helps in resolving the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2623670

Note: Steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Cannot create restore points

Hi,

I am no longer able to create restore points in Windows 10. I receive the message "The restore point could not be created for the following reason: Access is denied (0x80070005)." This seems to have started with the January 2019 update.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Christian

ChristianDurini, Aug 12, 2019
  4. EddoX Win User

The restore point could not be createdfor the following reason - Access is denied Ox80070005.

Can't create a Restore Point.

When I try to create a restore point, the program starts but then stops with the error "Access Denied (0x80070005)". However, when I create a restore point as a different user (also an administrator), it works fine. Suggested solution?

EddoX, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. The restore point could not be createdfor the following reason - Access is denied Ox80070005. - Similar Threads - restore point createdfor

2. The restore point could not be created for the following reason:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The restore point could not be created for the following reason:: The restore point could not be created for the following reason:The given shadow copy provider does not support shadow copying the specified volume. 0x8004230EPlease try again.I tried to start the Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup on service.msc and also change the...
  3. The restore point could not be created for the following reason:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The restore point could not be created for the following reason:: The restore point could not be created for the following reason:The given shadow copy provider does not support shadow copying the specified volume. 0x8004230EPlease try again.I tried to start the Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup on service.msc and also change the...
  4. "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...: It shows this when I tried to create a system restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-point-could-not-be-created-for-the/c0acad2d-9e73-437a-892a-ff67cbb68863
  5. What Could Cause All Restore Points to be Deleted

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What Could Cause All Restore Points to be Deleted: Windows 10 Pro - 2004, OS Build: 19041.685 These 2 available Updates *Not* installed KB890830 Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.85 KB4598242 2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems ~~~~~ Howdy Folks! *Smile As I was setting...
  6. Alternative way to access restore points?

Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  7. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  8. restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested...: That's the error message I receive if I try to create a restore point on any of the 10 drives in/attached to my CPU, including the "C" drive. There is an online discussion about this problem that frankly I could not follow, nor produce any results following. Help?...
  9. no access to restore point windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no access to restore point windows 10?: I made a mistake last night and tried to download some software that ended up being full of malware and nasty viruses. I need to be able to set my restore point at an earlier date to get some of this stuff off of my new computer. The problem I'm having is the computer refuses...
  10. Restore Points Intel Technology Access

Restore Points Intel Technology Access: When I look at existing restore points in my system, there are always lots of points labelled "Intel(R) Technology Access" Many have been created at very short time intervals, sometimes just a few seconds apart. Does anybody know why they are created and what is...