Windows 10: The right headphone randomly lowers the volume

Discus and support The right headphone randomly lowers the volume in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue showed up suddenly while I was listening to the music. I tested it using a stereo tester audiocheck.net and it got better. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LanceJeschke, Apr 9, 2019.

1. The right headphone randomly lowers the volume

This issue showed up suddenly while I was listening to the music.

I tested it using a stereo tester audiocheck.net and it got better.

But unfortunately just for a while, then the volume of the right headphone got lower again

:)

LanceJeschke, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Selenior Win User
    My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Suddenly, a few hours ago, for some reason my left headphone's volume was lowered. Since I wasn't sure if it was my impression or the headphone actually not working properly I used a stereo tester: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php and, after
    I used it (actually whenever I used it to reproduce left headphone or right headphone) the volume of the left headphone became the same again. It happened again every 10-15 mins and every time I did the same and it was temporarily solved. I'd like to know
    if there is a permanent solution to this.

In case it's relevant, it was produced while I was playing a game while watching videos on my other screen.

Selenior, Apr 9, 2019
  4. The right headphone randomly lowers the volume

Lower headphone sound, Windows 10

That wouldn't solve the issue of headphones over headsets, but even with my Logitech headset this didn't help. Troubleshooting found no issue.

I've loved Windows, and have no idea why I'm just having this issues with headphones and headsets. It's loud for a second then something lowers the volume and I have no idea whats causing it. :/

Thanks for the suggestion Abdul, even though I'm having the same problem.

JerradMarsan, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

The right headphone randomly lowers the volume

1. The right headphone randomly lowers the volume - Similar Threads - right headphone randomly

2. Speaker volume randomly lowering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker volume randomly lowering: I have an MSI GE66 Raider laptop with Windows 10 Home, Realtek HD Audio and Nahimic. I purchased it in December and have experienced a strange problem ever since.While using virtually any program with audio Youtube in MS Edge, any game, etc., the speaker volume will...
  3. How lower the sound volume?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How lower the sound volume?: Hello every one: Every time reboot the w10, the small speaker icon in the right bottom tray indicates the volume 80%. it is really too high for me. How can I fix it to a lower value? say 40%. Thanks! --- Zhao...
  4. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  5. white space lower right

in Windows 10 Support
    white space lower right: In the right corner of the screen about 3"x 4" there is a white box that won't go away unless I restart then occasionally it will return. Is this a hardware problem. I would have given a screen shot but it is not there at the moment. 162760
  6. Update: Lower My Volume?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update: Lower My Volume?: Hi! I recently updated my windows 10 and when i was watching my VLC media player the volume decreased quite a lot, when it was still on full volume... it sounds so strange now...? i was wondering if anyone had any advice how to fix it or if its happened to them? I’m...
  7. Volume with headphones

Volume with headphones: With headphones plugged in, my volume stays at a constant 37 even when attempting to increase the volume. How do I increase the volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-with-headphones/c92bb397-4b5f-4e0e-935a-76eac624fa3f
  8. Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10

Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10: Hi, As of recent I am unable to control the volume of headphones I plug in- they remain at 100% volume no matter where I put the slider. I've tried updating the audio driver, reinstalling the audio driver, disabling audio enhancements, and nothing is working. The external...
  9. Microphone lowering volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  10. My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.: Suddenly, a few hours ago, for some reason my left headphone's volume was lowered. Since I wasn't sure if it was my impression or the headphone actually not working properly I used a stereo tester: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php and, after I used it...