Windows 10: The right side windows (screen movement) bar partially stopped working

Discus and support The right side windows (screen movement) bar partially stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, In Windows 10, the right hand bar moving the screen up/down has partially stopped working. I cannot click and hold down the bar for rapidly moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stub, Nov 11, 2020.

1. stub Win User

The right side windows (screen movement) bar partially stopped working

Hi,

In Windows 10, the right hand bar moving the screen up/down has partially stopped working. I cannot click and hold down the bar for rapidly moving the screen up/down any more. I can use the up/down arrow to move the screen up and down but it's pretty tiresome on a long screenful. I primarily use this when browsing. I normally use Brave. But all browsers I've tried, don't work properly except Firefox. Also. this sidebar still works in my email clients, Postbox and Mailbird.

Also. I don't know if it's my imagination or not. But when using File Explorer with a lot of folders open, which is normal for me. As soon as I put my cursor on the File Explorer display, it scrolls down the screen to the end, or until I move my cursor off of File Explorer. I don't recall 100% if that was the behavior before this happen. But my feeling is it wasn't doing that before. I had to actively click, hold down, and scroll up/down. IIRC.

I usually keep any software, windows & apps, up to date when notified by the software.

stu

:)

2. Roan T Win User

Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 11, 2020
  4. The right side windows (screen movement) bar partially stopped working

task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

Hello i'm Timon and i'm glad to help you.

To move the task bar back to the bottom

- First check that "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked by right clicking an empty part of the task bar

- Click on an empty part of it and drag it on the bottom of the screen.

- You can "Lock the taskbar" to avoid further unwanted movement

Jimmy_Timon, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

The right side windows (screen movement) bar partially stopped working

1. The right side windows (screen movement) bar partially stopped working - Similar Threads - right side screen

2. Right side of task bar disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of task bar disappearing: The right side of the task bar System Tray/Notification Area has begun to disappear. Have tried rebooting and no change. It appeared intermittently for a couple minutes then just disappeared. Screen shots attached, visible, then gone. Applications open, or closed make no...
  3. Notification bar on right side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification bar on right side of screen: example, windows is nagging because virus protection is going to expire. My Virus program (Viper) is happy, Windows is not. Can this notification bar be turned off? Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.804 174328
  4. Black bar on the right side of the screen

Black bar on the right side of the screen: I just loaded up my new PC yesterday and I have a 1600 x 900 monitor and I have the setting on 1600 x 900 to fit it yet it's still going off to the side. I've done everything I can think off and it still hasn't worked at all....
  5. Show windows side by side not working right

Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  6. Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right side of Task Bar unresponsive: Whenever I try to click Action Center, Time & Calendar, Volume Mixer or Network Settings nothing happens. My System Tray, Start Button & All Program shortcuts are responsive. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Hootla [link] [comments]...
  7. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  8. Right side of screen

Right side of screen: So when i load My games from windows 10 . Then i click the right side of the screen it brings me back to windows. It also not just one game its all of them. Ive been trying to work out if theres some boarder system that i need to turn off. Can anyone help me workout where I’m...
  9. Right side of desktop screen doesn't work

Right side of desktop screen doesn't work: So this one hard to explain but will try to. So anytime I turn my computer on it has it where on the right side of my desktop or the screen like a quarter, it has it where anything i try to select doesn't work so can't select like the close for a tab or so. Now I notice...
  10. Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?

Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?: Is there is way to move my pinned Favorites bar from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen? I think it is more convenient to get it on the left. Thank you...