Windows 10: The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.

Discus and support The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting rid of my Norton Virus Protection as it keeps crashing and slowing my PC. How do I set up Microsoft 365 Built in Virus protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveR197, Jan 13, 2022.

1. SteveR197 Win User

The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.

Hello, I am getting rid of my Norton Virus Protection as it keeps crashing and slowing my PC. How do I set up Microsoft 365 Built in Virus protection on Windows 10 Hp PC as this is where I do all my banking and is it only Protection while using Microsoft Edge as I use Google too?

:)

SteveR197, Jan 13, 2022
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. Virus and Threat Protection Issue

When looking to run a virus scan on my computer, I'm met with an error that says "Virus and Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization." THis is a personal laptop though. Any suggestions?

DerrickAlvarez, Jan 13, 2022
  4. The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.

Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff. wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.

1. The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff. - Similar Threads - right Virus Protection

2. Virus protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus protection?: Does Windows 11 have Virus,etc. built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-protection/0ddc6334-a40c-4cdd-a008-6f9d0c6c32bb
  3. virus protection

virus protection: I received an OEM laptop as a gift on Dec 25, 2020. It was loaded with W10 and had a third party virus protection package installed. I allowed this 3rd party package license to expire, and foolishly assumed that it would just go away.I am now having a few problems; 1 W10...
  4. The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.

The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.: Hello, I am getting rid of my Norton Virus Protection as it keeps crashing and slowing my PC. How do I set up Microsoft 365 Built in Virus protection on Windows 10 Hp PC as this is where I do all my banking and is it only Protection while using Microsoft Edge as I use Google...
  5. The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The right Virus Protection Banking & Personal stuff.: Hello, I am getting rid of my Norton Virus Protection as it keeps crashing and slowing my PC. How do I set up Microsoft 365 Built in Virus protection on Windows 10 Hp PC as this is where I do all my banking and is it only Protection while using Microsoft Edge as I use Google...
  6. Help! Virus protection id locked off on personal laptop

Help! Virus protection id locked off on personal laptop: Using Windows version 20H2 OS build 19042.1052 Version 21H1 had installed and I restored to the previous version because of these problems.When I get a notification that my virus protection needs to be turned on and to click it to go to the settings, I get the following...
  7. TalkTalk Banking Protection stopped working

TalkTalk Banking Protection stopped working: I think my Microsoft Edge was updated today whilst I was using it. I then did a shut down and restarted. At first I didn't get newsfeed on my first page but after doing I don't know what !! it came back. I now have a problem with my Banking Security by TalkTalk F-Secure. It...
  8. Bank protection

Bank protection: My banking protection banner fails to show when using shopping sites but works on bank websites. F-secure say flags are probably missing. Where do I find them, does anyone know?...
  9. Virus protection

Virus protection: What does this mean? "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-protection/e87afec2-f08b-4ae5-aa82-d07138fa0d27
  10. virus delete and firewall protect this personal computer

virus delete and firewall protect this personal computer: Stop viruses, spyware, ransomware & other malware Block unsafe links, downloads, & email attachments Scan for PC performance problems Get real time-security updates...