Windows 10: The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a computer that I disassembled a while ago. Still have the motherboard though. This computer had windows 10 installed on a hard drive that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by seekinghelpwithwindows, Oct 22, 2021.

1. The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

I have a computer that I disassembled a while ago. Still have the motherboard though. This computer had windows 10 installed on a hard drive that has been wiped since then. I have used two microsoft accounts with multiple licenses on each account. That computer appears on both accounts under 'devices' same desktop id, same windows build, same everything. How is this possible?When I put a CPU back into the motherboard and reinstall windows on a hard drive, does this mean it has two licenses, depending on which account I sign in as?

:)

seekinghelpwithwindows, Oct 22, 2021
  2. gogreen Win User

Desktop appears from different signed-in account

I noticed after a Windows 10 repair install that the desktop that appears isn't the desktop from the user account with which I'm signed in. In fact, that user account is no longer listed in user accounts, but its files still appear in C:\[my computer name]\Users. How do I get the correct desktop to appear?

gogreen, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Microsoft account on desktop,laptop, and xbox one

Hi,

To correct the issue, we suggest you to perform the steps below:

• Press Windows log key + S.
    • Type User Accounts and click on it from the result.
    • Click on Manage Another Account.
    • If your son's account appears there, you can remove it and retain your account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

1. The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts - Similar Threads - Same Desktop appears

2. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  3. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  4. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Two microsoft accounts same email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts same email?: Hello,We recently got the Xbox Series X and when I tried to log in, I used my email, the same as I have always done, and it logged me in, but with a completely new account.We previously had the Xbox One. When my dad logged into the box series x, he had all of his rewards and...
  6. Two microsoft accounts same email?

Two microsoft accounts same email?: Hello,We recently got the Xbox Series X and when I tried to log in, I used my email, the same as I have always done, and it logged me in, but with a completely new account.We previously had the Xbox One. When my dad logged into the box series x, he had all of his rewards and...
  7. The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts: I have a computer that I disassembled a while ago. Still have the motherboard though. This computer had windows 10 installed on a hard drive that has been wiped since then. I have used two microsoft accounts with multiple licenses on each account. That computer appears on...
  8. The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts: I have a computer that I disassembled a while ago. Still have the motherboard though. This computer had windows 10 installed on a hard drive that has been wiped since then. I have used two microsoft accounts with multiple licenses on each account. That computer appears on...
  9. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  10. unlink two computers on the same microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink two computers on the same microsoft account: I have two computers. 1. One is a new computer which I set up on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The other one is an old computer computer 2 that Dell reset and installed a new windows installation on. When I did the setup I also put it on the *** Email...