Windows 10: The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......

Discus and support The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy....... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ....to the folder of the original file. e.g. the memory card. I don't want to save it there but am given no choice. This has changed since the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ian mcgrogan, Sep 21, 2020.

1. The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......

....to the folder of the original file. e.g. the memory card. I don't want to save it there but am given no choice.

This has changed since the last Update.

Previously when you went to save an edit to a photo, you were prompted to name the folder you wanted it saved to. This is no longer the case. I cannot see any way to change the destination of the 'saved' edit until after it has been saved. You are then able to right-click and choose 'save as' and that will give the option to change the save destination and get the edit saved to the folder you want it in.

What is the deal? Am I being thick or what?

:)

ian mcgrogan, Sep 21, 2020

2. Saving photos

Hi DustinHennin,

First, congratulations on being one of the first folks to get the elusive Samsung ATIV S.

Would you please elaborate as to what app you're using to view photos and what steps you're taking in order to save the photos?

For instance, if I'm in the People hub and see a pic someone posted that I want to save to my phone:

• I simply tap on the photo and it brings it to another screen.
    • Then I tap the ellipses (...) at the bottom of the screen and choose save to phone.
    • Next, I go back to my Start screen and tap on Photos.
    • Tap on albums.
    • Tap on Save Pictures.
    • My latest photo that I saved should be there at the top.

Here's some more information about
    Photos on Windows Phone

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Saving a copy of an edited picture in Photos

Hi Debby,

There are different possible causes as to why the "Save a Copy" feature you have been using in Photos app would stop working normally. This may be related to settings we need to correct or corrupted files. For us to resolve this concern, kindly follow the
    steps below to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• In the Windows search bar type in the word troubleshooting.
    • Once the results show up select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Choose Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the steps.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......

Savings emailed photos to a folder

Hi,

Saving photos largely depends on how the email was attached to the mail.

For photos send as a file attachment, wherein the attachment is displayed as an icon below the list of recipients:

• Right-click on the File and select Save.
    • This will open a Save as dialog where you can navigate to the location where you would like to save the file.
    For photos sent as an online image, wherein photos are displayed within the email message:

• Right-click on the selected Image.
    • Select < (greater than icon) and then select Copy. After selecting copy, you can then paste it into
      MSPaint or any other app and then click
      Save
      to keep the photo.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Rey Cam, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......

1. The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy....... - Similar Threads - 'Save as' function

2. windows photo app save a copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo app save a copy.: Before when I edit photo using Windows photo app, after making changes and click save a copy, it will automatically save it with number at the end of file name example test1 to create a new file. Now if I click save a copy it will ask me like saving as, is there a way to have...
  3. windows photo app save a copy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo app save a copy.: Before when I edit photo using Windows photo app, after making changes and click save a copy, it will automatically save it with number at the end of file name example test1 to create a new file. Now if I click save a copy it will ask me like saving as, is there a way to have...
  4. Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default: I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with "Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why....
  5. Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default

Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default: I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with "Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why....
  6. MICROSOFT EDGE SAVES MULTIPLE COPIES OF PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE SAVES MULTIPLE COPIES OF PHOTOS: I have observed that new Microsoft edge has a flaw which allows it to save multiple copies of the sanme photo say for example awindows 10 background is searched for in bing it will save only once in IE 11 and Firefox but thr same photo saves many times...
  7. Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ?: has anyone else noticed QOL features being removed from certain programs now.. the biggest example for me being the quick saving of edited photos to include a auto generated prefix at the end of the file name for quicker saving rather than having to manually type into the...
  8. PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy": Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo when I chose. That option is suddenly no longer available to me grayed out, and after editing a photo, my only choice is...
  9. Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy

Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy: Hello, I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with"Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why. Thank you, Kevin 1. Open video with Photos, Edit & Create > Trim [ATTACH] 2. Only option I get...
  10. Save a copy of my windows user photo ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Save a copy of my windows user photo ?: Somewhere inside my Windows 10 PC there is a place where "you" have stored the user photo that appears on startup. I want a copy of that photo for my personal use. Please direct me so that I can safely store it in my PC where I can find and use it....