Windows 10: "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

Discus and support "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card. It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adi518, Nov 16, 2019.

1. adi518 Win User

"The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

Hi,

It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card. It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting extremely annoying. I asked both Creative and Gigabyte support for this, both don't care at all and just blame Microsoft. Honestly, they are right. It worked fine for years, then MS rolls out this update and screws up sound cards.

The only thing I get from Event viewer is "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly".

Now what?

:)

adi518, Nov 16, 2019
  2. borgus Win User

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).
    There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borgus, Nov 16, 2019
  3. borate Win User
    The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).

There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borate, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Pinefang Win User

Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly

Also Windows search service has failed to create the new search index
    Failed to find gather Application: Windows
    Windows Search service terminated wit the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified.

I am getting these errors in the Event Viewer Windows logs under system
    Hope someone can help

Pinefang, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly" - Similar Threads - Recon3D Service service

2. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  3. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  4. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  5. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  6. Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly: Good evening, I keep getting a LOT of errors within EventVwr and suspect this is why my system locks up now and again, without any other error messages: The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error And The...
  7. The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.

The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.: What is this WARNING message that appears in Event Viewer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-energy-server-service-queencreek-service/ad99b9d3-173a-4b0e-abf3-1ab8ae652dc3
  8. Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly: Can start the service in services.msc but when it is required to do anything such as manage a printer, or try to add a printer, it will stop. Event ID 7034 - The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 times. I have checked the dependencies and...
  9. Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no...

Help! SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly / A pointer device has no...: Hi everyone. I really need some help on this one. I have no clue what to do. Recently my PC has been deadlock freezing almost every day. It has great specs Titan X 12GB, Intel I7 chip, etc., so the stuff isn't all too outdated. It seems the problem of the deadlocking is...
  10. Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly: Also Windows search service has failed to create the new search index Failed to find gather Application: Windows Windows Search service terminated wit the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified. I am getting these errors in the Event Viewer Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SB Recon3D Service

2. The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

3. the sb recon3d service service terminated unexpectedly. 7034