Windows 10: The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box.

Discus and support The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box. in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I get rid of this monstrosity that showed up with the last update? It covers a quarter of my screen and is totally useless. What idiot designed... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hradčany, May 20, 2020.

1. Hradčany Win User

The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box.

How do I get rid of this monstrosity that showed up with the last update? It covers a quarter of my screen and is totally useless. What idiot designed something to tell me things I already know like the last few apps I used? Dumb. DUMB.

:)

Hradčany, May 20, 2020

2. Cortana search box is now huge

I have noticed that whilst my search box is OK the actual size of Cortana black box is twice the size... mine used to be the same as the search box as shown by the arrow, now twice the size.. seems to have happened last night... was this part of the latest update?

The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box. [​IMG]

stuarttunstall, May 20, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 20, 2020
  4. yurtesen Win User

The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box.

Cortana search box is now huge

I have the same problem. The problem is not the search box but the search area in start menu. I recently had to create myself a new user with all new settings and well it came with this. Funny enough, same day I install Win10 to my laptop and it does not have this problem...

In addition if I open the start menu and type name of a program, it shows me some options on the right side and even recently opened files by that program etc. I want it gone. But how? How can I shrink it back?

I already have BingSearchEnabled set to 0 so I don't see web suggestions and what not.

The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box. [​IMG]

yurtesen, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box. - Similar Threads - screen gobbling huge

2. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  3. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  4. Black Search box

in Cortana
    Black Search box: Hi, when I try to search in the top box of Explorer, the text turns black and nothing is clear! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-search-box/88f815d4-d96f-4ef8-bb11-78715b57cf32
  5. Black screen around Search box window when opening using gestures

in Cortana
    Black screen around Search box window when opening using gestures: Whenever I turn on my laptop and use touchpad gesture to open search box. The search appears larger than normal and also there is black screen around the search box. [ATTACH] But if I open search from start button and then again if I use gestures to open it, then it works...
  6. cursor is a big black box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor is a big black box: I had a number of apps and the logon screen where the cursor is a big black box. Windows File explorer window: [ATTACH] using these links corrected this issue clear and straight to the point -...
  7. Search Box Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search Box Cursor: I installed the latest Windows 10 updates 2 days ago. Since then I cannot put the cursor pointer to the search box next to the Windows sign in the lower-left corner of my screen. The search box is part of my taskbar on the bottom of my home screen. Please help....
  8. A huge black box blocking my search results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A huge black box blocking my search results: [ATTACH] Anyone has this issue? Sometimes that black box completely cover the search panel. It's annoying. submitted by /u/alvin_jian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbtuuj/a_huge_black_box_blocking_my_search_results/
  9. Huge menu above search box

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge menu above search box: Hi I have just upgraded Win10 to Version 1909 Build 18363.418 and have suddenly got this huge menu which pops up when I select the search box. It coveres nearly half of the screen. I have no idea what it is called. I seems some users got something similar with the last...
  10. Cortana search box is now huge

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search box is now huge: Why did my Cortana search box suddenly more than double in size? Can't screenshoot it but imagine it taking up more than half the screen. I did absolutely nothing to change it and see no setting to revert it back to its typical size. I am running 1803. Restarted computer with...