The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

Discus and support The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was fixing a problem with permissions that my PC was having at the time and I had done all of the steps I was looking up on Youtube videos and how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Monstermaster, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Monstermaster Win User

I was fixing a problem with permissions that my PC was having at the time and I had done all of the steps I was looking up on Youtube videos and how to guides and then logged into Safe Mode with networking and command prompt as administrator and did the NET USER command followed by my username, and I restarted the computer to see if that did anything, I got to the login screen but can't seem to login because of the password. I normally would be able to log in without a password but all of a sudden it basically requires me to type in a password, I have two passwords which I normally use and there's probably one that came with the computer but I can't seem to remember that one.

I want to login but I can't get past the password screen and I need help.*Mad

:)

Monstermaster, Jul 7, 2018
  2. regan1985 Win User

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Wisam Katanank Win User
    Windows 10 Stuck at login screen

As said in the title, my windows 10 is stuck at the login screen

Couldn't Hold shift and Restart because for some reason i don't have the shutdown button

It's nearly impossible to interact with the login screen, mouse moves but things don't get highlighted and no matter what you write it hever shows up.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wisam Katanank, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Yashwanth Kotakuri Win User

Windows 10 Stuck at Safe Mode Login Screen - PC Unusable

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Did you boot your PC into Safe Mode through System Configuration?

What is the exact error message you're getting?

Do you have any other User Profile listed on login screen?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to login using On-Screen Keyboard at login screen and see if it helps. To do so,

* Press Windows + U and select the
    On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list or click on
    Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard
    from the list.

* Then use you cursor to type the password with
    On-Screen Keyboard.

* Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
    (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

If you're still unable to login, please let us know, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login. - Similar Threads - screen stuck password

2. Windows 10 is stuck on loading some screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is stuck on loading some screen: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 is stuck on restarting, loading some screen with the spinning dots animation moving endlessly, welcome mode, login screen, starting Windows or will not boot, you will have to boot in Safe Mode or Advanced Startup Options to [...] This post Windows 10...
  3. Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with...: Hello I am having trouble booting up a Windows 10 computer. It's a Lenovo ideapad previously loaded with Windows 10. Booting the computer brings me to the Select Keyboard>Troubleshooting menu, with the options: System Restore, which gives the error "To use system...
  4. Stuck at the lock screen for my computer and any key that I press to try and unlock, it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck at the lock screen for my computer and any key that I press to try and unlock, it...: I was attempting to fix my FPS for a game that I was playing and I was tampering with my computer settings and then I had to reset my computer after I tried messing with the system configuration. My computer restarted and then the issue started with the lock screen where I...
  5. Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen: Hi I have two small tiles which are icons for apps stuck in an inappropriate place on my display screen. They appear on the print screen image by the projecting screen item on this snapshot, but they appear in the same place whichever type of screen display I am looking...
  6. The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.: I was fixing a problem with permissions that my PC was having at the time and I had done all of the steps I was looking up on Youtube videos and how to guides and then logged into Safe Mode with networking and command prompt as administrator and did the NET USER command...
  7. Stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar: [ATTACH] Windows 10 1803 Update has its own bad luck. It has caused issues on a lot of Windows 10 PC to a measure which we haven’t seen before. One such issue is about keyboard layout, a blank screen with just [...] This post Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar: [ATTACH] Windows 10 1803 Update has its own bad luck. It has caused issues on a lot of Windows 10 PC to a measure which we haven’t seen before. One such issue is about keyboard layout, a blank screen with just [...] This post Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with...
  9. Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt: My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode. I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success : Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair". "System Restore" in...
  10. Windows 7 upgraded - stuck on password screen for W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 upgraded - stuck on password screen for W10: I have already updated by laptop from 8.1 to 10 - works fine. Have done my desktop from 7 -10 and i'm being told installation was complete. I am on the screen that now says "Hi there, welcome back! and asks me for my password. I put it in and click next (have also...