Windows 10: The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

Discus and support The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was fixing a problem with permissions that my PC was having at the time and I had done all of the steps I was looking up on Youtube videos and how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Monstermaster, Jul 7, 2018.

1. The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

I was fixing a problem with permissions that my PC was having at the time and I had done all of the steps I was looking up on Youtube videos and how to guides and then logged into Safe Mode with networking and command prompt as administrator and did the NET USER command followed by my username, and I restarted the computer to see if that did anything, I got to the login screen but can't seem to login because of the password. I normally would be able to log in without a password but all of a sudden it basically requires me to type in a password, I have two passwords which I normally use and there's probably one that came with the computer but I can't seem to remember that one.

I want to login but I can't get past the password screen and I need help.*Mad

:)

Monstermaster, Jul 7, 2018
  2. regan1985 Win User

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Stuck at login screen

As said in the title, my windows 10 is stuck at the login screen

Couldn't Hold shift and Restart because for some reason i don't have the shutdown button

It's nearly impossible to interact with the login screen, mouse moves but things don't get highlighted and no matter what you write it hever shows up.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wisam Katanank, Jul 7, 2018
  4. The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

Windows 10 Stuck at Safe Mode Login Screen - PC Unusable

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Did you boot your PC into Safe Mode through System Configuration?

What is the exact error message you're getting?

Do you have any other User Profile listed on login screen?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to login using On-Screen Keyboard at login screen and see if it helps. To do so,

* Press Windows + U and select the
    On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list or click on
    Ease of Access at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard
    from the list.

* Then use you cursor to type the password with
    On-Screen Keyboard.

* Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
    (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

If you're still unable to login, please let us know, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

1. The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login. - Similar Threads - screen stuck password

2. PC Stuck in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuck in Login Screen: I tried to change my username by using win+r control userpasswords2 didn't ask password from me, nor did I provide any and I signed out to see if it worked. Well, it seems my login screen stuck with old username and when I provide pin, it refers to password, when I type pwd...
  3. PC Stuck in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuck in Login Screen: I tried to change my username by using win+r control userpasswords2 didn't ask password from me, nor did I provide any and I signed out to see if it worked. Well, it seems my login screen stuck with old username and when I provide pin, it refers to password, when I type pwd...
  4. PC Stuck in Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  6. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password forgotten - stuck on login screen: I got my brothers old laptop with Windows 10, and i removed the picture password which was the only way me or my brother could get into the computer. Me and my brother can't remember the password or the pin. I am stuck on the login page, with no way possible to get back into...
  7. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. PC stuck on login screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck on login screen.: I had a power outage last night and ever since I can’t log into my computer. I get to the login screen and it just freezes or it says my login name with no password or PIN prompt and that’s as far as I get. I’ve tried getting into safe mode like others have suggested but I...
  9. The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The screen of my Windows 10 PC is stuck on the password login.: I was fixing a problem with permissions that my PC was having at the time and I had done all of the steps I was looking up on Youtube videos and how to guides and then logged into Safe Mode with networking and command prompt as administrator and did the NET USER command...
  10. Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt: My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode. I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success : Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair". "System Restore" in...