Windows 10: The screen on my new computer setup keeps entering power save mode after a few minutes of...

Discus and support The screen on my new computer setup keeps entering power save mode after a few minutes of... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new setup(as I am **** with computers please excuse my attempt at explaining the different parts). I bought a screen, a keyboard, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EnzioAkira, Oct 2, 2019.

1. The screen on my new computer setup keeps entering power save mode after a few minutes of...

I just bought a new setup(as I am **** with computers please excuse my attempt at explaining the different parts). I bought a screen, a keyboard, the computer itself and a mouse. The person I bought it off of is my cousin's boyfriend and he said there were a few problems that he would fix and updates he would do since it's an older computer and he hasn't used it in a while. He did those before I got it and he has not had my problem: The screen(monitor?) keeps entering Power save mode by itself, meaning I can still hear what I'm doing but can't see it. This often happens if I try playing a game for too long(5-15minutes at most) but happened yesterday after just watching a yt video. The only way I've found to stop this is by forcibly turning it off and waiting a few hours, as it won't respond to me trying to turn it on in any other way. How can I stop this?

:)

EnzioAkira, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Huddo93 Win User

power saving mode after a few minutes on gaming

My friend had a similar problem on his older desktop. if its similar it is a problem with your graphics card overheating or dying. two steps to take would be to open the computer and clean the graphics card cooler thoroughly. And second of all get a friends graphics card and try his in your computer. this will rule out completely any problems with your graphics card. Which i think it is.

Btw. its not your pc outputting "power saving mode". but instead its the monitor saying power saving mode since your graphics card is crashing and the screen is not recieving a signal and going to standby.

Huddo93, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Screen won't enter power saving mode, instead goes black!

Hi,

I realize that monitor won't enter power saving mode in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.

Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Keep us updated to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 2, 2019
  4. The screen on my new computer setup keeps entering power save mode after a few minutes of...

Computer goes into "digital power saving mode" after 2 1/2 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance in this regard.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

The screen on my new computer setup keeps entering power save mode after a few minutes of...

1. The screen on my new computer setup keeps entering power save mode after a few minutes of... - Similar Threads - screen computer setup

2. My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode: Hello, my monitor keeps going in to power save mode and what i mean by that is an pop up comes and says "Turning on in 5 minutes" i and easily prevent that if i touch the button there is but that means my schreen would be idle even that it is not i comes up when i play on...
  3. My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My LG Ultragear monitor is entering power save mode: Hello, my monitor keeps going in to power save mode and what i mean by that is an pop up comes and says "Turning on in 5 minutes" i and easily prevent that if i touch the button there is but that means my schreen would be idle even that it is not i comes up when i play on...
  4. My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use: I’ll be using my computer and suddenly it blue screens and displays an error message, the text of which I will paste below. “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. 64% complete For more...
  5. My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use: I’ll be using my computer and suddenly it blue screens and displays an error message, the text of which I will paste below. “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. 64% complete For more...
  6. Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen keeps going into power saving mode.: just setting up a cheap and cheerful set up for my wife, everything seems to work fine but the screen keeps going into power saving mode i have tried 2 different screens the same thing? any idea whats going on? also when it goes in this mode i have to reboot the pc because i...
  7. USB hard drive keeps entering power save mode after disabling power save through multiple...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hard drive keeps entering power save mode after disabling power save through multiple...: I have a USB powered external hard drive that keeps entering a low power mode. I have disabled power save in several different methods outlined below, and the drive continues to enter power save. This is a problem because I am trying to edit video that is stored on the drive...
  8. my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart: my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-shows-entering-power-save-mode-after/8c23f70c-71e3-4ca0-8a3a-53e6d2498d04
  9. Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup: Every time I start my computer, it just freezes a few minutes later. Anyone have any idea of what I could do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-on-freezing-a-few-minutes-after/fb76aaba-d92e-49c9-8d47-130100caaa40
  10. Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep: Okay so a few weeks ago I had this issues where it would take the computer too long to go into sleep, so I had restarted it to see if it would fix it but it didn't, any ideas? Could it be Hard Disk Sentinel? 82692