Windows 10: The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...

Discus and support The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have lost the scroll arrow in a photo file but noticed it is still there in others. Currently, i need to close out of each photo and select the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SuzyBurton1, Feb 26, 2019.

1. The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...

I have lost the scroll arrow in a photo file but noticed it is still there in others. Currently, i need to close out of each photo and select the next by thumbnail. I have tried multiple fixes while researching this online. I have reset the app, I restored to an earlier date, then noticed in the app portion in Settings that there is a date of 1/20/2019 in this app's properties. I guess I can assume that this date is an auto update. I seriously do not know what to do next.

I would so appreciate any help with this.

Thank you

Suzy

:)

SuzyBurton1, Feb 26, 2019
  2. mdsx1950 Win User

Picture viewer question.

Hey guys.

I want to know if there is a picture viewer that you can scroll around the picture at its original size with the arrow keys because the Windows 7 photo viewer sucks. *Frown The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What... :(

In MS Paint you can scroll around the pictures at the original size, but you can't go to the next pic in the folder.

Does anyone know a good picture viewer that can do the above stuff. Thanks. *Toast :toast:

mdsx1950, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Pictures in File Explorer - Photos vs. Windows Photo Viewer

I have directories that contain picture files as well as video files. If I want to use a photo viewer to just see the picture files, I generally use Windows Photo Viewer. Unfortunately, in Windows 10, when you sort a directory to anything other than "name",
    Windows Photo Viewer does not recognize the sort feature and just shows the pictures in "name" order. In Windows 7, it would show the pictures in the same sort order as File Explorer.

Photos does the sort properly but also previews video files. I don't want Photos to preview video files.

Can you get Windows Photo Viewer to show the pictures in the same order as File Explorer, or get Photos not to show video files?

Martin Gaida, Feb 26, 2019
  4. FrankS Win User

The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...

photos vs photo viewer

If I double click on a .tif file in File Explorer it opens in Photo Viewer whereas if I double click on a .jpg file it opens in Photos.
    I much prefer using Photo Viewer because you can run a slide show from there & with a right click adjust the speed or duration to Fast, Medium or Slow.
    However, using Photos. although you can also run a slideshow, there's no option to change the speed.
    So, in Settings - Default Apps - Choose default application by file type I scroll to .jpg & discover that Photo Viewer is not on the list of possible apps.
    Of course, scrolling down to .tif & it's already set to Photo Viewer.
    How can I set .jpg to open in Photo Viewer just as it is with .tif ?

FrankS, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...

1. The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What... - Similar Threads - scroll arrow Microsoft

2. Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll: When I click on a photo file .png, .jpg, .jpeg in a random location in a file folder, when I continue viewing by clicking next, instead of going to the next photo in the file, it will start at the first file in the folder and go from there. The files are organized by name...
  3. Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll: When I click on a photo file .png, .jpg, .jpeg in a random location in a file folder, when I continue viewing by clicking next, instead of going to the next photo in the file, it will start at the first file in the folder and go from there. The files are organized by name...
  4. Microsoft Photos viewer displaying pictures in negatives

Microsoft Photos viewer displaying pictures in negatives: Hello all,A few weeks ago, something strange happened. My Photos viewer displays pictures that are in CMYK regardless of file format, as negatives. Photos that are in RGB are not affected. I've never had this happen before, so I'm finding it pretty weird. To add to the...
  5. Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow...

Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow...: I open a picture in Photos and I can no longer move to next or previous photos with the arrow keys. The on-screen "buttons" that used to appear to the right and left of the image are no longer displayed. I tried all the suggested fixes here and they do not work:...
  6. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides: So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday. submitted by /u/shmimshmam [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows photo viewer skips some pictures

Windows photo viewer skips some pictures: I am using the default photo viewer on Windows 10. I have been looking through thousands of photos. They are in folders in My Pictures, with about 400-1500 per folder. Especially with the bigger folders, it will show the first few photos fine, but eventually it will skip a...
  8. Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files

Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files: I have Windows 10 with pre-installed Microsoft Photos. For some reason, on some files, when I open a photo there is no arrow to scroll to the next or previous photo. Currently I have to close the photo and select the next one to view it. I've looked everywhere on line for...
  9. Scroll Pictures in Photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Pictures in Photo: I open photos the timeline appears on right side with arrows and dates. I cannot get the photos to scroll. Seems like it should be the way to view photos. I'm not interested in rewriting programs I just want to click and have the photos scroll....
  10. My photo viewer does not show the pictures

My photo viewer does not show the pictures: My photo viewer does not show the pictures. I click on the extra large view button and nothing happens, so I clicked on the large view button, on and on but none of the pictures show up. How can I get that fixed?...