Windows 10: The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it

Discus and support The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows 10 two days ago and tried to use the search box but every time I try to use it closes itself, I tried to update and reboot my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yastron, Apr 6, 2021.

1. The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it

I reinstalled windows 10 two days ago and tried to use the search box but every time I try to use it closes itself, I tried to update and reboot my computer but it is still not working, any help?

submitted by /u/Yastron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yastron, Apr 6, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Apr 6, 2021
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it

1. The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it - Similar Threads - search box disappears

2. Dualsense completely disappears off bluetooth after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dualsense completely disappears off bluetooth after a few seconds: Hi, a year ago i got a dualsense controller for playing on pc and i used it via bluetooth for a year and everything worked great. Until i had to format my pc, that´s when the problem startedEvery time I try to connect my dualsense controller over bluetooth this happens- After...
  3. taskbar icons keep disappearing and reappearing after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar icons keep disappearing and reappearing after a few seconds: i cant find any fix that works please somebody help me i think it happens due to my desktop refreshing for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-keep-disappearing-and-reappearing/ef012aaf-8a03-4cb1-ba28-ffa7c121dd7d
  4. taskbar icons keep disappearing and reappearing after a few seconds

taskbar icons keep disappearing and reappearing after a few seconds: every time it happens it also alt tabs me away its really annoying and i cant seem to find a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-keep-disappearing-and-reappearing/6bdc53de-96ef-46d7-96d3-622b85c247bc
  5. Cortana search box disappeared

Cortana search box disappeared: I went for a factory reset and now cortana search box is missing from taskbar. How do I enable it again. Normal box is still there but the one with cortana logo is not present anymore....
  6. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  7. Im not able to open Windows 10. It tries to open but just disappears after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Im not able to open Windows 10. It tries to open but just disappears after a few seconds.: Im not able to open Windows 10 on my laptop. It looks like it is going to open but disapears with a few seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-open-windows-10-it-tries-to-open/85b81eb8-7b8f-4528-b21c-08b2e6b278fc
  8. Search box disappears issue

in Cortana
    Search box disappears issue: I was able to get the search box to stop disappearing by changing the setting for Cortana from "Show Search Box " to " Show Cortana Icon ", close the window and then bring up the back again to the Cortana setting and change it back to " Show Search Box ". I have not...
  9. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82
  10. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. has disappeared disappeared a few second ago

2. windows 10 The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it

3. windows 10 search opens up for a few seconds then close