Windows 10: The search box does not respond

Discus and support The search box does not respond in Cortana to solve the problem; when I click on the search box in the lower left corner of the desktop it doesn't open at all.? Dism does not work... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DamijanKocbek, Jul 15, 2020.

1. The search box does not respond

when I click on the search box in the lower left corner of the desktop it doesn't open at all.? Dism does not work

:)

DamijanKocbek, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!

William,

I suggest you edit your original thread title to something like
    Search boxes & calculator do not respond to keyboard or OSK anymore
    to attract the attention of people who recognise those symptoms,
    [There is an Edit post link underneath each of your posts]

Denis

3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 15, 2020
  4. The search box does not respond

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

The search box does not respond

1. The search box does not respond - Similar Threads - search box does

2. Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?: Basically title. When auto-hide taskbar is on the search icon on taskbar doesnt have a search box, but when auto-hide is off the box shows up.Autohide on/off:...
  3. Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?: Basically title. When auto-hide taskbar is on the search icon on taskbar doesnt have a search box, but when auto-hide is off the box shows up.Autohide on/off:...
  4. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and search box is not responding on clicking: Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working...
  5. My cortana and search box are not responding.

in Cortana
    My cortana and search box are not responding.: since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-and-search-box-are-not-responding/0a5f0b39-4569-4816-a743-7f7df24d8634
  6. my cortana and search box is not responding.

in Cortana
    my cortana and search box is not responding.: since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box is not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-and-search-box-is-not-responding/0a5f0b39-4569-4816-a743-7f7df24d8634
  7. Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

in Cortana
    Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.: All, There have been a few threads with this title but they are all old. I now have the same issue. I can ask Cortana to open the calculator for example and she does, however if I click the magnifying glass or just press the windows key and start typing, what I type is...
  8. Windows search does not respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search does not respond: I am having a problem with Windows file browser, and it is a strange one. When the icon is clicked, it does not respond. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-does-not-respond/04d5c190-8c76-4e4b-8bb1-4cba62a630e6
  9. Search box not responding

in Cortana
    Search box not responding: I just updated to the most recent version of win 10 and have already had this problem 3 times. The search box just stops working out of the blue. I can still open it but when I move the cursor over it it starts loading. The text line is blinking but it doesn't register...
  10. Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search boxes does not respond to keyboard anymore !!: The search boxes in Apps and Features or in the Settings or searching for any app in the start menu all dont respond any more to my keyboard like there is not keystrokes at all !!! What is this problem ? Windows 10 updated to latest. 131523