Windows 10: The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?

Discus and support The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do? in Cortana to solve the problem; The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dagoberto Nunez Hernandez, Sep 15, 2020.

1. The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?

The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?

:)

Dagoberto Nunez Hernandez, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Sep 15, 2020
  3. KeithJB Win User
    No search box on taskbar The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do? :(

Thanks for the great replies here, however, it turns out that the solution is far simpler. My problem was because I was using small taskbar buttons on the taskbar! If you right-click on the taskbar and select "Use Small Taskbar Buttons" then the search
    box on the taskbar goes away!! If you revert to regular size buttons then the search box appears! I was using small buttons previously, hence no search box!

Thanks everyone for your help though!

Keith

KeithJB, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?

No Search box on new build in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

There were some who have been reporting that Cortana/Search box is missing on their Taskbar. To assist you with the concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how Cortana will appear on your Taskbar.

• Right click the Taskbar.
    • Choose Properties.
    • When Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window opens, uncheck the "Use small taskbar buttons."
    • Click Apply and OK.
    Let us know if it answered your concern.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do? - Similar Threads - search button taskbar

2. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button does not work Type here to search does not work: I can not use the 'type here to search; and start Nothing comes up' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work-type-here-to-search/e5eb77aa-157a-49f1-ac51-a76d16b5d71f
  3. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button does not work Type here to search does not work: I can not use the 'type here to search; and start Nothing comes up' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work-type-here-to-search/e5eb77aa-157a-49f1-ac51-a76d16b5d71f
  4. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?: The Search button is not appearing on the task bar. I have tried a lot in the settings but I cannot find how to add the search button to the taskbar....
  6. Password Box Does not appear

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Box Does not appear: I just bought a new computer and set it up and it needed to restart. I restarted the computer and it will not show the password box. I tried starting it in safemode and password box still doesn't show up still. What do I do?...
  7. My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work: So I have an old laptop that I like to bring around with me to use and play video games on and recently I can not click left click anything on my taskbar or the windows button. Pressing the actual windows key does not work either and when I go to change the sound or connect...
  8. Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.

in Cortana
    Unable to type in the search box on the taskbar.: After the latest updates I am unable to type in the search box on the taskbar. I have tried all the solutions on the internet. Powershell commands, the ctfmon fix, restarting windows explorer, all of it. No matter what I try, the search box won't respond. The latest updates...
  9. taskbar search does not work

taskbar search does not work: Taskbar search block come up, but any entry gets a blank screen - no results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-does-not-work/5f5d7bac-ad3d-40b6-8813-71f3ea0b867d
  10. Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work

in Cortana
    Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work: Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work. Tried quite a number of "fixes" online; none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-search-box-cortana-does-not-work/640dcbf5-0982-440b-ad5d-a31b4295684e"