Windows 10: The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but...

Discus and support The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but... in Cortana to solve the problem; The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar I cannot search for anything. I used to just click on cortana and type in the file name. I do not... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by carolnewton56, Mar 14, 2020.

1. The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but...

The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar I cannot search for anything. I used to just click on cortana and type in the file name. I do not have voice activation, but nothing happens now.

:)

carolnewton56, Mar 14, 2020

2. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums ChemicalRage The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but... :)

Does a new user account fix the problem? We can then identify if it's just the account or the whole computer feature of Cortana.

ellellell1, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Mar 14, 2020
  4. The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but...

Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The Cortana process does not show up in Task Manager processes. It looks like some built in Win 10 Microsoft apps are disabledoing in Apps and Settings. See attached pics. Any tips would help fix this Cortana taskbar search issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BarryAllen, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but...

1. The search facility has disappeared from the taskbar i used to just click on cortana but... - Similar Threads - search facility has

2. Cortana search box disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box disappeared: I went for a factory reset and now cortana search box is missing from taskbar. How do I enable it again. Normal box is still there but the one with cortana logo is not present anymore....
  3. How to use the Search Facility on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use the Search Facility on Windows 10: Hi, I am probably making a very simple mistake but i cant find documents / images using the Widows 10 search facility. I have watched numerous YouTube videos which shows how to search for images. When I enter the text "Date:" in the Search field at the top RHS of the screen,...
  4. I have lost the search facility

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost the search facility: Hello everyone went to use the search facility (using the icon next to start button) - window appeared, and after just 2 seconds disappeared. I do not use this much, but believe(?) that recent windows 10 updates have had an influence on this failure. Has anyone else had the...
  5. Why cant I use the search facility?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why cant I use the search facility?: Following a number of oddities and quirks, I decided to reset one of my laptops (including knocking out the files) The laptop is running 32 bit system. Version 1909 (OS build 18363.476) Reset went well with no apparent hitches. Added the programs I wished to use etc, and sent...
  6. Why cant I use the search facility?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why cant I use the search facility?: Following a number of oddities and quirks, I decided to reset one of my laptops (including knocking out the files) The laptop is running 32 bit system. Version 1909 (OS build 18363.476) Reset went well with no apparent hitches. Added the programs I wished to use etc, and sent...
  7. Cortana crashes when using search from taskbar/start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana crashes when using search from taskbar/start menu: Asus G750JM Windows 10 Home As soon as I start to type in the search bar the search bar crashes preventing me from using the search function at all. With the task manager open I can see one of the cortana processes disappear and reappear - i guess indicating that Cortana is...
  8. Cortana has disappeared from task

in Cortana
    Cortana has disappeared from task: Cortana has disappeared from the task area and I don't know how to get her back. Can anyone help please ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-has-disappeared-from-task/45a0bb32-a7da-4431-8434-d213ce8f9186"
  9. Cortana just disappeared!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana just disappeared!: Had an Update around Midnight last night and this Morning, I found Cortana has disappeared together with my reminders and no Microphone Symbol showing. Did anyone else have this problem? 16429
  10. Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start: So I've tried so many things to fix this, spent hours searching every google forum, and can't find ANYTHING that will help me. There's another post on here where you put a command in powershell and that doesn't seem to be working. Some people say their anti-virus software...