Windows 10: The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it.

Discus and support The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open Windows File Explorer to search for a file, more times than not, the search field in the upper right won't let me click in it to enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CindyPickett, Feb 17, 2020.

1. The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it.

When I open Windows File Explorer to search for a file, more times than not, the search field in the upper right won't let me click in it to enter search criteria.

:)

CindyPickett, Feb 17, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 17, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 17, 2020
  4. The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it.

Windows 10 File Explorer search tool not working

I have tried all the above steps but I am unable to find and search a file with email address as search key.

Please help.

Regards

Dr. Saleem Siddiqi

Dr Saleem Siddiqi, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it.

1. The search field in Windows file explorer doesn't let me key in it. - Similar Threads - search field file

2. File Explorer won't accept input in search field

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer won't accept input in search field: Dear Community, Over the last couple of weeks since last update I've been experiencing a number of issues which it has not been possible to fix. One of these is that I'm unable to enter any keywords into the file search field of the file explorer. When I try, it simply...
  3. File explorer not letting me search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not letting me search: Hey so basically the issue is every time i try to search, ill go to click the search bar, the cursor does change to the the cursor when you go to type, but when i click nothing happens im really stressed out over this please help....
  4. Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work

in Cortana
    Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work: Hi I bought my computer last week and installed Windows 10 last friday. yesterday i suddenly had problems with using the file ewplorer search function, and I don't know how to make it work again...
  5. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  6. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  7. Explorer Search field does not work

Explorer Search field does not work: Hello, The Explorer search field just to the right of the magnifying glass is unable to receive the focus. I have tried each following approach: >Press Windows key + F >Click the mouse in such field The search field getting the focus has been flaky for me for the past...
  8. File Explorer doesn't search on file contents

File Explorer doesn't search on file contents: I can't get File Explorer to search on file contents using Windows 10 Pro. I have checked all the search settings I am aware of without success....
  9. Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting: Hello there, A few days ago I installed Nov2019-update for Win10, and after that in Windows Explorer search stopped working. When I search for things from Start panel - all works fine, but when I open some folder and try to put the cursor to the top-right field in order...
  10. Search field missing from explorer

Search field missing from explorer: The search field in explorer, the one in the upper right corner is suddenly missing. It might've happened after an update but I'm not sure exactly when it happened. I updated to build 18922 today, and the search field is still missing. Any solution to this? [ATTACH]...