Windows 10: The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

Discus and support The search function on my laptop has stopped working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by QTPYE, May 27, 2023.

1. QTPYE Win User

The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

QTPYE, May 27, 2023
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2023 Guide)

MattCorey, May 27, 2023
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 27, 2023
  4. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, May 27, 2023
Thema:

1. The search function on my laptop has stopped working. - Similar Threads - search function laptop

2. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  3. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  4. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function not working: Today my search function stopped working. When i try to type something in the search bar, it just crashes - same thing when i try to look for something in the file explorer or just by pressing windows key and typing.I have tried to solve it for the past couple hours, tried...
  5. My search bar has stopped working.

in Cortana
    My search bar has stopped working.: It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two days ago, I noticed my system was running 100% HDDSo I came on here and followed the directions below in quotations it did...
  6. Windows 10 search function stops working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function stops working: After upgrading from Windows 7 to windows 10 2004, when trying to use the search function a blank window opens. No search box, nothing. I have discovered that if at that point I hit my backspace key, the search function window will show all the normal features and the search...
  7. Search function not working,...

in Cortana
    Search function not working,...: I only have 1 account on my PC and I realized that from some time ago the search function was unable to search settings or other windows functions, only files, and I did what the internet told me to do and navigated to...
  8. Search Bar Stops Functioning

in Cortana
    Search Bar Stops Functioning: Good Morning, Windows 10 pro 1909 ver. 10.0.18363.900 Office Professional Plus 2013 Utilizing Outlook 2013 I have discovered that starting the system, the search bar functions as it should, this morning, the only thing I accessed was Outlook Send And Receive, looked at an...
  9. the automatic translation function has stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the automatic translation function has stopped working: the automatic translation function has stopped working e.g. at https://www.newsru.com/russia/ always translate pages from Russia to ENGLISH >>> MESSAGE APPEARS couldn't translate this page try again ....and try again ...and try again .... this happens on most...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935