Windows 10: The Search icon have gotten larger after an update. Do anyone know how to revert the size?

Discus and support The Search icon have gotten larger after an update. Do anyone know how to revert the size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BroPanzer2004 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BroPanzer2004, May 12, 2023.

1. The Search icon have gotten larger after an update. Do anyone know how to revert the size?

/u/BroPanzer2004, May 12, 2023

2. font size changes after windows 10 update

After today's windows 10 updating, both fonts and icons reverted back to a small size...this has happened before. I know I can change them to a larger size, but fear they will not stay - tired of changing them back all the time. Any suggestions? Thanks!

LindaLanquist, May 12, 2023
  3. jacsdad Win User
    Taskbar icon size

When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small.

After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert ( ), that, in five steps, resolved the issue. This made the icons about the same size as small desktop icons (Ctrl+Shift+4). This was perfect and I have been quited satisfied with Windows 11 ever since.

Resize icons on taskbar:

1. Location in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    2. Click New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value
    3. Set the name of the DWORD Value as “TaskbarSi” and hit the Enter key to save changes.
    4. Large taskbar – TaskbarSi value 2
    5. Restart Windows Explorer

Since applying 2023-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022913), the icons have reverted tom the original small size, so again, they are difficult to interpret quickly. I have removed the TaskbarSI from the registry and restarted Windows Explorer, the went through the steps above (adding TaskbarSi back), to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this and are there any known tweaks that will restore the icons to their larger size.

jacsdad, May 12, 2023
  4. The Search icon have gotten larger after an update. Do anyone know how to revert the size?

How can I set the default size for icons on the Start screen to small?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the size of the icons.

1. Right click on "Desktop".

2. Select "View".

3. Customize accordingly.

Also you can Press and hold CTRL key and scroll the mouse wheel to adjust the size of the desktop icons.

Also to change the size of the texts and text size of the desktop icons and see if it helps:

• Type Make Text and other items larger or smaller in the Search Bar.

• Select Make Text and other items larger or smaller.

• Under Change size of items select Set a Custom scaling level
      option and try to change the size of the text.

• You can also change the size of text for specific item in
      change text size only option.

• After selecting the Size press Apply
      which will ask you to log off and log in again for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 12, 2023
Thema:

The Search icon have gotten larger after an update. Do anyone know how to revert the size?

1. The Search icon have gotten larger after an update. Do anyone know how to revert the size? - Similar Threads - Search icon gotten

2. Windows 10 Search Icon Grew Larger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Icon Grew Larger: So I Reinstalled Windows 10 And This is the first thing that i saw when i changed the search icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-icon-grew-larger/b53f4ab1-54d6-4958-83fb-754c602d3ccf
  3. How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?: Today I switched on my laptop and pressed the windows keys and I don't know how but the start menu font got very small how to increase that? submitted by /u/RadioActiveMemes_YT [link] [comments]...
  4. Does anyone know how to remove this mini icon on the icon?

Does anyone know how to remove this mini icon on the icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ethanplayzz2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcpd0f/does_anyone_know_how_to_remove_this_mini_icon_on/
  5. Anyone know what this icon is for?

Anyone know what this icon is for?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Call_Me_Bread [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ja5c5i/anyone_know_what_this_icon_is_for/
  6. Anyone know how to give a shortcut an icon that changes to a different image based on size?

Anyone know how to give a shortcut an icon that changes to a different image based on size?: Some of the icons built into the operating system are represented in different ways depending on their size. For example, Desktop - when in the "list" view, the icon for Desktop is represented by one image, while in a "large icons" view, it is represented by an entirely...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix the size of installed games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix the size of installed games?: Currently I can barely see the picture for one of my games I have downloaded, and it just genuinely annoys me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-the-size-of-installed/32a0bf66-021c-40f0-8bec-b1c2f81d2a5f
  8. Hello everyone, recently all the icons in the search bar have disappeared. Does anyone know...

Hello everyone, recently all the icons in the search bar have disappeared. Does anyone know...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tonslitis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9y2wk/hello_everyone_recently_all_the_icons_in_the/
  9. Anyone know this program icon?

Anyone know this program icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thesilentGinlasagna [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1sbnq/anyone_know_this_program_icon/
  10. How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?: First of all, why is there a click-on in the display section on the computer to make the icons smaller, but when one goes to find out how to make them larger one gets directed to an article on the subject, as if I want to read an article on how to make icons larger. I simply...