Windows 10: The search is not working properly

Discus and support The search is not working properly in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, When I trying to find a file so it is doesn't working properly! For example I am trying to find text file thats are located in the desktop:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hay Geydarov, Feb 28, 2021.

1. The search is not working properly

Hello,

When I trying to find a file so it is doesn't working properly!

For example I am trying to find text file thats are located in the desktop:

The search is not working properly cfac4176-72cc-4186-8c7f-025ee71dda11?upload=true.png

and it does not work:

The search is not working properly fc150551-2af0-4b94-a39a-bf2a8e1aa756?upload=true.png

Windows Server 2019

:)

Hay Geydarov, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Phendan Win User
    Anniversary Update: Search not working properly

The search is not working properly [​IMG]
    This is what I get when I search for foobar in the start menu.

The search is not working properly [​IMG]
    This is what I get when I search in explorer.
    I appreciate the suggestion but I'd rather not dabble with third party programs when I know this can and does work.

Phendan, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

The search is not working properly

Windows not working properly

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Device troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you update the keyboard driver and check if it work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

The search is not working properly

1. The search is not working properly - Similar Threads - search working properly

2. Windows Search not working properly

in Cortana
    Windows Search not working properly: Windows Search is not working properly. In Task Manager/Processes SearchApp.exe is shown as suspended, with a green leaf-type symbol which when hovered over says “This UWP process is suspended to improve system performance”. Under “GPU Engine” it reads “GPU 0 – 3D” In...
  3. Windows Search not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not working properly: Windows Search is not working properly. In Task Manager/Processes SearchApp.exe is shown as suspended, with a green leaf-type symbol which when hovered over says “This UWP process is suspended to improve system performance”. Under “GPU Engine” it reads “GPU 0 – 3D” In...
  4. Windows Search not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search Bar Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search Bar Not Working Properly: So yesterday one of my users told me their search bar wasn't working and kept giving error messages.Here's the messageI've tried running a repair, rebuilding the index, and other small fixes suggested online. Nothing seems to get that search bar to work. The issue being that...
  6. Windows Search indexing not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search indexing not working properly: Dear all, When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text is existing in the word document. See screenshot. This is not for all but for a lot of "in document text searches" The...
  7. Windows Search indexing not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search indexing not working properly: Dear all, When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text is existing in the word document. See screenshot. This is not for all but for a lot of "in document text searches" The...
  8. cortana / search not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana / search not working properly: Spent all day with new laptop getting it setup. Apart from some hiccups all gone well but one glitch. Cortana works pretty much fine but the search facility isn't working properly. Say I want to 'create a restore point'. I'll type 'res' and it gets found by Cortana as per the...
  9. Anniversary Update: Search not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: Search not working properly: After the Anniversary update (version 1607 via Windows Update), Search doesn't work properly. (I have re-started again). If I enter a search term ("Restore") on search bar next to the Start Button I get Best match: "Recovery, Control Panel" at the top of the window, but if I...
  10. Windows Search Feature Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Feature Not Working Properly: Hello, I came to request help with a recent issue that has made using my computer far more difficult. I run Windows 10 on an HP and for some odd reason, my search feature will not work. It's been going on for a few weeks now, and I've been using Cortana for a while...