Windows 10: The SEARCH option doesn't work.

Discus and support The SEARCH option doesn't work. in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear Sir, I hope you can help me. From a few weeks ago the "search option" of my Windows S.O. doesn't work (neither the SEARCH BOX placed on the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Victor J. Arredondo, Dec 3, 2019.

1. The SEARCH option doesn't work.

Dear Sir,

I hope you can help me.

From a few weeks ago the "search option" of my Windows S.O. doesn't work (neither the SEARCH BOX placed on the task bar nor the "search" option avaible when you right-click on the Windowns logo). Actions taken so far:

- Windows Update / Troubleshoot / Search and Indexing => it didn't work

- Indexing options / Reindex processing applied => it didn't work

Could you please assist me on this issue?

Thanks!!!

V.

:)

Victor J. Arredondo, Dec 3, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

The SEARCH option doesn't work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 3, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

The SEARCH option doesn't work. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Dec 3, 2019
  4. The SEARCH option doesn't work.

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

The SEARCH option doesn't work.

1. The SEARCH option doesn't work. - Similar Threads - SEARCH option doesn't

2. Keyboard doesn't work for search

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard doesn't work for search: I noticed a while back that my keyboard didn't work on the search bottom left of screen. Then looking into it more didn't work on the file search either, but the keyboard does work in Word/Excel. I tried a number of fixes from online and found this. I copy/paste this command...
  3. Search Option Not Working

in Cortana
    Search Option Not Working: Hi, my Search in the Taskbar is not working. This happened in my other PC but it started working randomly. When I click on the Search icon, it shows the black Rectangular Box but has nothing in it and closes suddenly. Any fix for this?...
  4. Search doesn't work

in Cortana
    Search doesn't work: For a while now, seemingly after the May update, the search icon/box doesn't doanything. The thing is, it works on different user... What I tried: taking ownership of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data and adding full control for my user account rebuilding index...
  5. Search doesn't work

in Cortana
    Search doesn't work: Hi guys, windows search doesn't work since I received May 2020 update. I tried a bunch of solutions such as troubleshooting, resetting etc. They did not work. If anyone knows how to cope with it I would really appreciate some help. Thanks![ATTACH]...
  6. Search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search doesn't work: Basically the title Windows-wide search stopped working for me about a month or 1.5 ago. I can't use the searchbar, I can't use the Windows Explorer search or the search in any of the settings menus / any other menu, basically, no Windows Search at all. It just won't let me...
  7. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work: Good morning, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 file explorer searches. When I search for an item, it brings back results in for the current folder and all subfolders as it should. When I click on "Current folder" in the search tools, however, it does nothing. I...
  8. The search index doesn't work

in Cortana
    The search index doesn't work: The search index doesn't show anything and doesn't work at all and is extremely slow. I have tried all the tutorials and nothing works. I can't find the Cortana app either. I get this error message below, when trouble shooting the Search & Indexing. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search doesn't work: Hello Microsoft, Is there an update in the works for your file search function? It is absolutely terrible at the moment - even when I type in the exact file name in Explorer search, it can't find it! The OS is otherwise solid, but this is a massive, massive fail. I'm...
  10. Sign-in Options doesn't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in Options doesn't work: In Accounts, when I click Sign-in Options, that text turns darker, indicating selection, but no options appear and I can then select no other choices under Accounts. SFC /SCANNOW shows no integrity violations and my PC is up to date. Any ideas why sign-in options doesn't...