Windows 10: The search options don't appear the same as they do in other descriptions of how to find...

Discus and support The search options don't appear the same as they do in other descriptions of how to find... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to find my photo files that windows keeps moving out of my new SSD, despite my changing the default save address. I follow the Instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesRustonThatsMe, Feb 3, 2021.

1. The search options don't appear the same as they do in other descriptions of how to find...

I'm trying to find my photo files that windows keeps moving out of my new SSD, despite my changing the default save address. I follow the Instructions that google tells me to use the search box in File Explorer, but I don't get "search tools," I get "drive tools" in that menu. Why is it that 90 percent of the instructions I find, even in the windows help menus and other apparently valid information sources don't work? That no one has come up with a simpler way to fix the dozens of problems with software and compatibility, etc, suggests to me that there is value in keeping the average person bogged down. I've been using computers for most of my adult life, and I'm 50. Every time there's a new software, or even update, something goes ****, and I wind up spending hours, sometimes days, and often never resolving the problem. My functionality dwindles away. The world is making natural selection unnatural, a place for cyborgs to survive, while the rest who don't think and act like a compliant device will be slowly disenfranchised to death. Can anyone tell me how fix this photo **** problem. I also looked for the "auto-arrange' tick box, as suggested by google, but that item doesn't appear when I right click in the blank space of my selected file folder that I'm searching in. ****? Thank you for probably telling me what I've already read in google. Have a great day!

:)

JamesRustonThatsMe, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Castiel Win User

Meta description

Exactly what he said. It helps your audience when searching for your pages, because when you search a specific page, and if you have a page description, Google will list out the description for the page. It could be a little confusing if you have the same description for every page.

In your development workflow, get the add-on for Firefox called "SEOQuake". It will scan your site to make sure you have everything correct, by their standards.

Castiel, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 3, 2021
  4. The search options don't appear the same as they do in other descriptions of how to find...

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

The search options don't appear the same as they do in other descriptions of how to find...

1. The search options don't appear the same as they do in other descriptions of how to find... - Similar Threads - search options don't

2. Apps do not appear in search

in Cortana
    Apps do not appear in search: I've turned on search indexing turned on but for some reason, some apps do not appear in search menu. You can see the screenshot below to get more details. Please help me. I need to fix this....
  3. I don't see voice search option on bing.

in Cortana
    I don't see voice search option on bing.: I don't find voice search option on bing in microsoft edge. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-voice-search-option-on-bing/76868704-e6c1-44ad-9da2-a159cb463cd3
  4. Long system search option doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long system search option doesn't appear: Hello, I have latest version of windows(without cortana) and I want my system search thing to be long, not just the magnifier icon but I don't see this option when I press RMB on search button. USA region with english version, 2004(19041.450) Windows isn't modified submitted...
  5. Show search box option doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show search box option doesn't appear: Hi all, I recently did a factory reset of my HP laptop, and, when I began using it again, there were some issues with the taskbar. I use an external monitor with the laptop screen closed, and the display settings set to "only on [external monitor]", and, for some reason,...
  6. How to change title and description of power options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change title and description of power options?: I would like to change titles and possibly also descriptions of power options. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I guess it should be possible via some utility or registry keys....
  7. Description of Safe Mode Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Description of Safe Mode Options: Summary: This discussion covers description of Safe Mode options for Windows 10. Safe Mode can be started as normal, with network, or with Command Prompt instead of Windows Explorer. Only use Safe Mode for troubleshooting if you cannot start your computer after installing...
  8. pptx files don't appear in search results

in Cortana
    pptx files don't appear in search results: Ever since i installed Office 2019, it seems that when i search for text in my powerpoint folder, old ppt files show up, but not pptx. i've checked indexing options and everything else, but i can't get pptx files to appear in search results. Any ideas?...
  9. Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search: When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.[ATTACH]...
  10. One PC Can't find others on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One PC Can't find others on the same network: I have 3 PC's and a laptop on a homegroup/network All computers were able to see and access files and external hard drives - until a power failure. Now, one computer displays the other 3 computers / by name under "network" However, when I click on any of the icons...