Windows 10: The second extended monitor can't play videos

Discus and support The second extended monitor can't play videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The second extended monitor can't play videos. I use the HDMI - DVI to connect my laptop and the second screen. Everything is fine but the extended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gianggzj, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Gianggzj Win User

The second extended monitor can't play videos

The second extended monitor can't play videos. I use the HDMI - DVI to connect my laptop and the second screen. Everything is fine but the extended screen can't play the videos, no matter where it is, on youtube or on Facebook. It returns black and starts to be jerky. I tried to fix it, but I did not find the correct answer.Is it because of my Laptop or because of the wire I have? Thank you in advance

:)

Gianggzj, Apr 10, 2022

2. extending monitors

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

solote allow two monitors but here I leave this possible solution

Step 1

Connect a monitor to the normal video card, using the necessary cable (DVI, VGA or HDMI). This will be the main screen, so place it directly in front of your computer's cabinet.

Step 2

Connect the second monitor to the alternative port of the video card, and then restart the computer. The PC will automatically detect the second monitor.

Step 3

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the second monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop on this screen" checkbox.

Step 4

Connect the third monitor to your original video card (if it has three outputs) or to another video card, and then restart the computer one more time.

Step 5

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the third monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop to this screen" checkbox

regards...

MiguelChiappori, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Extend Display to second and third monitors

Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to extend the display to second or third monitor. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to extend the display?
    • Do you receive any error message/code?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?

Ideally, to extend the display we can use the shortcut Windows logo key + P, and select
    Extend from the menu.

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, see
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2022
  4. The second extended monitor can't play videos

Cannot play video full screen on 'extended displays - main display' monitor..

We understand that you are only having issues whenever you play using videos using the
    Film & TV app and when playing videos on the web. Based on this description, the video does not play correctly when using the extended monitor and when playing videos online. Let us further isolate the issue by following the troubleshooting
    steps on this
    Link

Regards.

Freddrick Pal, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

The second extended monitor can't play videos

1. The second extended monitor can't play videos - Similar Threads - second extended monitor

2. Unable to extend to second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend to second monitor: Hi, I own Dell Inspiron 14-3467, with IntelR HD Graphics 620 and Radeon TM R5 M430 GPUs. I bought two monitors, Acer B326HK 4K and Dell P2419H, connected to the laptop using HDMI splitters. The chronology of the problem is as below:The second monitor Acer only duplicates the...
  3. Unable to extend to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend to second monitor: Hi, I own Dell Inspiron 14-3467, with IntelR HD Graphics 620 and Radeon TM R5 M430 GPUs. I bought two monitors, Acer B326HK 4K and Dell P2419H, connected to the laptop using HDMI splitters. The chronology of the problem is as below:The second monitor Acer only duplicates the...
  4. Unable to extend to second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Chromecast to Extend Display / Second Monitor

Chromecast to Extend Display / Second Monitor: Hi there, I have followed all manner of previous tutorials to trick windows into thinking I have a physical hdmi attached, but the previous workarounds that used the "try connecting to VGA anyway" function are no longer available on Windows 10. This is incredibly frustrating,...
  6. The second extended monitor can't play videos

The second extended monitor can't play videos: The second extended monitor can't play videos. I use the HDMI - DVI to connect my laptop and the second screen. Everything is fine but the extended screen can't play the videos, no matter where it is, on youtube or on Facebook. It returns black and starts to be jerky. I tried...
  7. The second extended monitor can't play videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second extended monitor can't play videos: The second extended monitor can't play videos. I use the HDMI - DVI to connect my laptop and the second screen. Everything is fine but the extended screen can't play the videos, no matter where it is, on youtube or on Facebook. It returns black and starts to be jerky. I tried...
  8. Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen: I have two BENQ GL2250 monitors connected to my Lenovo H535s via VGA. On bootup the Lenovo logo displays on monitor #2, and not on monitor #1. Then my usual display comes up on monitor #1 and monitor #2 goes to sleep. Tried HDMI leads too and a combination of HDMI+VGA,...
  9. Cannot extend display to second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot extend display to second monitor: I am using windows 10 pro on my Powerspec desktop PC. I have one HP monitor and one AOC monitor. I had three monitors (one HP and 2 AOC monitors) working fine using extended display. After removing one monitor (now have 2), the extended display does not work any more. I can...
  10. second monitor and videos

in Windows 10 Support
    second monitor and videos: So before windows ten I could play wow, swtor, secret world etc.. on my main monitor and watch netflix on my second monitor with no issues. Well after windows 10 the video in my second monitor lags out when i'm in the game am I playing. Now if i click on the video in the...