Windows 10: The second monitor is lagging

Discus and support The second monitor is lagging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged in a second monitor via a docking station and encountered an issue connected with short term slowdowns with a mouse cursor on this second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tim Tim4, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Tim Tim4 Win User

The second monitor is lagging

I plugged in a second monitor via a docking station and encountered an issue connected with short term slowdowns with a mouse cursor on this second monitor. It looks like the signal goes long from a remote device. I performed some troubleshooting such as updated Windows drives, checked connections, and even replaced the monitor

:)

Tim Tim4, Sep 10, 2018

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Sep 10, 2018
  4. JamesDK1 Win User

Mouse Lags on Second Monitor Desktop

Hello. I recently purchased a BenQ 60Hz monitor and hooked it up through HDMI. Everything was working smoothly until I closed a full screen application. Now the pointer and any commands initiated lags substantially. This issue only occurs on the desktop
    of the second monitor. If there is an application or web browser open, the pointer and commands are fine. The first monitor works fine as well.

I have tried a couple of fixes to similar issues but with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JamesDK1, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. The second monitor is lagging - Similar Threads - second monitor lagging

2. Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor: Hi,I just upgraded from a much worse computer using windows 10 to a better one using windows 11. My problem is however after upgrading that I start lagging alot on my second monitor when playing games on my main monitor in fullscreen mode. It is quite bad and mainly happens...
  3. Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor: Hi,I just upgraded from a much worse computer using windows 10 to a better one using windows 11. My problem is however after upgrading that I start lagging alot on my second monitor when playing games on my main monitor in fullscreen mode. It is quite bad and mainly happens...
  4. Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]: Hi,I have just built a new PC, with the same two monitors, and when I'm gaming or full-screen working on the main monitor, whatever video playing on the second monitor would lag, sometimes stutter and sometimes 10+secs freeze, regardless of which website or browser. In fact,...
  5. Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]

Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]: Hi,I have just built a new PC, with the same two monitors, and when I'm gaming or full-screen working on the main monitor, whatever video playing on the second monitor would lag, sometimes stutter and sometimes 10+secs freeze, regardless of which website or browser. In fact,...
  6. 2 second lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  7. 2 second lags

2 second lags: hey microsoft, my windows 11 galaxy book go lags every 2 second on a game, is there any solution to this? i have tried the cmb verification, but it said no bugs were found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-second-lags/e4a6fa5a-33df-4b0a-8846-c722e862b03b
  8. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  9. [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Monitor] Second Monitor Lagging: Good Morning Everyone; I've recently run into an issue after this past Tuesday's Win10 update (Running Win10 build 1903 as of October-2019). I've got two monitors, both NEC AccuSync LCD93VX (one runs direct VGA to vid-card, the other runs a DVI-bypass through a StarTech...
  10. Second Monitor Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor Lag: Hey. My second monitor has enormous amounts of lag when connected. I use Windows 10, my second monitor is 1920x1080, while my original monitor where the DVD recorder is located is 1600x900. It lags on the 1080p monitor, while the default monitor works flawlessly. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor lagging

2. monitor lagging

3. second monitor lagging windows 10

4. second display is lagging,
  5. 2nd monitor lagging,
  6. windows 10 second monitor lagging,
  7. computer lags when i have a second monitor,
  8. how to fix mouse lag issues when connecting a second moniotr to your laptop,
  9. how to stop 2nd monitor lagging,
  10. 2nd screen laggy,
  11. dual monitor everything lags on second monitor?,
  12. mouse lags when hooked to secondary monito,
  13. mouse lag on second monitor windows 10,
  14. how to fix a lag in second computer monitor with windows 10,
  15. audio on second screen lags