Windows 10: The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work

Discus and support The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, This little window that appears when you click the Sound icon doesn't work 1 out of 3 times I start Windows, the solution is restarting Windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UltraRangoX, May 15, 2019.

1. The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work

Hi,

This little window that appears when you click the Sound icon doesn't work 1 out of 3 times I start Windows, the solution is restarting Windows, which is super annoying. Is this a known bug and is there any solution?

The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work 576ab62c-f556-4263-baf6-af5f21dbed10?upload=true.jpg

Thanks!

:)

UltraRangoX, May 15, 2019
  2. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work :(

The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, May 15, 2019
  3. spatial sound is unavailable for this device

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature in Windows 10 is disabled by default. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Patricia Yu, May 15, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, May 15, 2019
Thema:

The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work

1. The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work - Similar Threads - Select Playback Device

2. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound: Playback: double devices: I'm seeing these in my Windows Sound: Playback area. It may be because I had the HDMI Plugged into other HDMI outputs on the same monitor? IDK but I just want to get the one below the top one that actually works gone.Not entirely sure how to do that. Reason for this?; Because...
  3. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound: Playback: double devices: I'm seeing these in my Windows Sound: Playback area. It may be because I had the HDMI Plugged into other HDMI outputs on the same monitor? IDK but I just want to get the one below the top one that actually works gone.Not entirely sure how to do that. Reason for this?; Because...
  4. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  5. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  6. No sound showing in playback device

7. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.: I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and changing devices, this only changes the default audio device, not the default communication device. This becomes a...
  8. my sound doesn't work and playback devices doesnt detect my headphones

my sound doesn't work and playback devices doesnt detect my headphones: i was trying to fix my headphone so it can detect but now my speakers on my laptop doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-doesnt-work-and-playback-devices-doesnt/e34441a0-3888-4d0b-9b3e-ea665dd43296
  9. No speaker option in sound playback

No speaker option in sound playback: I have been unable to get sound through my speakers. My monitor does not have sound so I rely on the speakers for this. I have no speaker option in the sound playback window. The only option there is IntelR Display Audio. It also says jack information, which is HDMI Digital...
  10. Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device: Here are my "relevant" system specs: CPU: 5960X Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme This seemed to have worked fine under Windows 7, but it stopped working awhile ago, I "think" about the time I upgraded to Windows 10. My Line-in will not playback any audio through my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no playback device option under sound icon

2. unable to select playback device in AVAYA one-X

3. select playback device

4. select playback device wont work,
  5. playback devices menu,
  6. no playback devices option,
  7. i am not seeing playback devices in the sound icon,
  8. no playback devices option in context menu of speaker icon in windows 10