Windows 10: The selected text is black?

Discus and support The selected text is black? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Word in Office 365, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenM111, Apr 2, 2020.

1. The selected text is black?

I'm using Word in Office 365, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!

ROCAW says: If you want to change the color of the highlight from black to blue it will apply not just in the Word app but in all the Windows settings. For this feature, you will have to the registry which is Windows settings.

:)

StevenM111, Apr 2, 2020

2. The selected text is black?

I'm using Word in Office 365, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!

Moved from: Word / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

StevenM111, Apr 2, 2020
  3. predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I Understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps below and check if predictive text can be turned back on.

• Navigate to Settings > Keyboard and
    • Select the desired language.
    • Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 2, 2020
  4. The selected text is black?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

The selected text is black?

1. The selected text is black? - Similar Threads - selected text black

2. Selected Text in Word Application is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Text in Word Application is black.: Selected Text in Word is black. It is only happening in Word. Powerpoint, Excel and Notepad are working fine as earlier. My speech recognition is already disabled. I do not have any add-ins installed in Word. I tried the safe opening option as well. Nothing seems to work....
  3. Selected Text in Word Application is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selected Text in Word Application is black.: Selected Text in Word is black. It is only happening in Word. Powerpoint, Excel and Notepad are working fine as earlier. My speech recognition is already disabled. I do not have any add-ins installed in Word. I tried the safe opening option as well. Nothing seems to work....
  4. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  5. The selected text is black?

The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  6. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Text select pointer goes completely white colored when hovering over black text with a...

Text select pointer goes completely white colored when hovering over black text with a...: Hello, a couple of days ago, windows updates installed a new AMD display driver. Since then, the text select pointer has been going completely white colored when I hover over black text with a white background This happens on all websites and on both Edge & Chrome, so it...
  8. Black text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black text: Every time I put a new black ink in the printer it doesn't print properly. It will print logos but no text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-text/ca706df2-3eed-4c0f-8a70-a90b8bc2dab7
  9. Black Text

Black Text: For the past few days after I wiped my PC, everything was working fine. I could play games, get NVIDIA and Intel related things, and could surf the web with amazing performance. However, I reset my PC and the font of everything on my desktop was black. It's strange and...
  10. Text selection

Text selection: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why is the highlighter in ms word black

2. ms word selected text black problem

3. Microsoft Word selection is black