Windows 10: The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from...

Discus and support The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There does not appear a "work offline" with globe icon in the Send & Receive but something does appear on the bottom of the screen that I cannot change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EntreComp Young, Dec 7, 2022.

1. The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from...

There does not appear a "work offline" with globe icon in the Send & Receive but something does appear on the bottom of the screen that I cannot change - HELP, I am not receiving or sending any mail! Thank you :-

:)

EntreComp Young, Dec 7, 2022

2. Windows 10 - offline files - missing button/functionality 'Work offline'

Hi Guru Kiran,

thank you for your message, but actually Sync Center is working OK - please see my original post. As stated earlier, I am looking for the following functionality - see below.

Best regards,

Erich

Quote:

I am missing (or I am not able to find) the functionality to 'To work offline even though you have network access'.

The following link provides the Microsoft documentation for Windows 7
    Working with network files when you are offline

I am looking for the following functionality under Win 10. Quoted from Webpage above

"[...]

Sometimes you might want to work with the offline versions of files even though you are connected to the network. This is useful if your network connection is slow or having problems.

• Open the network folder that contains the files you have made available offline. Then, on the toolbar, click
      Work offline. (This button appears only if you have already made the folder available offline.)

• When you are finished working with the files offline, click Work online on the toolbar. This will sync any changes you have made offline with the files on the network.

[...]"

So, long story short, any help on finding the toolbar button 'Work offline' under Win10 would be much appreciated.

Erich Fromm, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - offline files - missing button/functionality 'Work offline'

Hi,

this is my first time posting to this forum. Thus, please let me know if posted to the wrong 'area' and kindly advise me on which would be a better spot fro my question.

I´ve just changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Under Win7 I´ve used the offline files functionality with the sync center. Under Win 10 I was able to setup the same - offline files via the sync center.

However, I am missing (or I am not able to find) the functionality to 'To work offline even though you have network access'.

The following link provides the Microsoft documentation for Windows 7
    Working with network files when you are offline

I am looking for the following functionality under Win 10. Quoted from Webpage above

"[...]

Sometimes you might want to work with the offline versions of files even though you are connected to the network. This is useful if your network connection is slow or having problems.

• Open the network folder that contains the files you have made available offline. Then, on the toolbar, click
      Work offline. (This button appears only if you have already made the folder available offline.)

• When you are finished working with the files offline, click Work online on the toolbar. This will sync any changes you have made offline with the files on the network.

[...]"

So, long story short, any help on finding the toolbar button 'Work offline' under Win10 would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Erich

Erich Fromm, Dec 7, 2022
  4. JDubbedN Win User

The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from...

Not receiving emails in Outlook 2013 except when toggling offline mode

Windows 7 32bit 7601

Recently Outlook 2013 has stopped receiving emails or is receiving emails inconstantly. I have checked and rechecked the server settings with Spectrum email and everything checks out and I get the emails just fine on my iphone using the same server settings. I uninstalled AVAST, quick repaired and fully repaired MS Office 2013 as well as completely reinstalled office, started Outlook in safemode and disabled all add-ins in normal mode. I even click the send and receive button but no emails come through. After weeks of trial and error the only way I have been able receive emails temporarily is to toggle Outlooks offline mode. When I toggle it off, then on again emails come through immediately for a certain period of time. Then I will notice emails don't come through anymore so I toggle Outlook's offline mode again and 20 emails come through as if the emails were stuck or as if Outlook automatically goes into offline mode even though it says it is not. Oddly enough I can send emails just fine with no delay. So sending of emails works perfectly and without issue even when receiving emails doesn't work.

I am stumped. Any suggestions?

List of things I have done so far:

1. I uninstalled AVAST so there is no more antivirus software currently installed or turned on.
    2. Performed a quick repair and full repaire of MS Office 2013 through control panel using the "change button".
    3. Completely reinstalled MS Office 2013.
    4. Started Outlook in safemode.
    5. Disabled all add-ins in normal mode.
    6. Clicking the send and receive button but no emails come through.
    7. Checked and rechecked server settings.
    8. Sending of emails works fine even when receiving emails doesn't work.
    9. Created a new Outlook profile and problem persists.

JDubbedN, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from...

1. The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from... - Similar Threads - Send Receive function

2. I can receive emails but none will send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can receive emails but none will send: Why can I receive emails but I can't send any? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-receive-emails-but-none-will-send/10710e50-c4f2-4a33-8bc5-75e74f1f8f0e
  3. I can receive emails but none will send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can receive emails but none will send: Why can I receive emails but I can't send any? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-receive-emails-but-none-will-send/10710e50-c4f2-4a33-8bc5-75e74f1f8f0e
  4. I can receive emails but none will send

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from...

The Send/Receive function does not have a work offline button so I can remove the x from...: There does not appear a "work offline" with globe icon in the Send & Receive but something does appear on the bottom of the screen that I cannot change - HELP, I am not receiving or sending any mail! Thank you :-...
  6. i can receive email but cant send ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can receive email but cant send ?: i can receive email but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-receive-email-but-cant-send/994fe75b-7331-42af-abbe-fa799affc775
  7. i can receive email but cant send ?

i can receive email but cant send ?: i can receive email but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-receive-email-but-cant-send/994fe75b-7331-42af-abbe-fa799affc775
  8. Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working: IT does not like my password for my user id. I get do not get incoming emails. Not using outlook thru browser. My mail is using a yahoo account thru Att....
  9. Send and receive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send and receive not working: My send and receive will not work. I keep getting a request to enter my password but have tried all of mine and none will work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-and-receive-not-working/234ea333-a2e2-4052-963b-22beda55fd1a
  10. Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Outlook.com Send and Receive Not Working: My outlook.com email account on my laptop will not send or receive email. All attempts to send go to the outbox and sit there indefinitely. Also, the account does not receive incoming mail for about a week now. Further, manual commands to synchronize do not work. Nothing...