Windows 10: The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed

Discus and support The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Point and Print is a term that refers to the capability of allowing a user on a Windows client machine to create a connection to […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed

WinClub, May 9, 2020

2. Installing Printer Drivers on Win Serv 2003

hp doesn't have any drivers that support Window Server 2003 for my printer a PSC 1420V. Is there anyway I can install the drivers, or install substitute drivers?

Thermopylae_480, May 9, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed

Printer wont install

So my dad got a new printer for Christmas. Its a Kodak EASYSHARE all-in-one 5500 series printer.

I go to install the drivers leaving the printer unplugged from the computer (power cord is plugged in) and the instructions state to plug in the USB device when prompted. Okay...I wait until prompted and plug it in. It still sits there at the screen telling me to insert the USB cable to the back of the printer. I have tried it with the printer on and with it off. I have even tried using drivers off Kodak's website.

Not really sure what to do. Vista doesnt even try to install a driver for it when i plug it into the motherboard. Ive never had this problem with a printer before.

Not sure if i put this in the right section or not so if it isnt, mods feel free to move it. However it will be a networked printer. *Stick Out Tongue The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed :p

Any ideas guys?

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 9, 2020
Thema:

The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed

1. The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed - Similar Threads - server printer does

2. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  3. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Printer Driver Not InstallingHi, I have Recently Updated to Windows . I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP LaserJet MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver.12 I Have Downloaded The Driver Software from This Website and As I am Proceeding My Installation, The Setup Shows Me That...
  4. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  5. Printer Driver Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Not Installing: Hi, I have Recently Updated to Windows 11 and I Have Some Trouble while Installing HP MFP 1136 LaserJet Printer Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-driver-not-installing/c73efda4-d3b1-4f80-a3d0-845f56f63d05
  6. Printer Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver not installing: My Brother Color Laserjet Printer won't nstall. I get this message;Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-e3d01861-5e14-4b26-a5b0-f030a1447984 requires further installation.I have completely removed the driver software and reinstalled it. No joy. Running Windows 10 on an ASUS Zenbook....
  7. Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer

Printer Server Not Displaying as Available Printer: Good morning y'all. I have a Canon imageClass MF4150 print/fax/scan that works well when directly connected to my Windows 10 PC up-to-date. I want to be able to use the printer from other devices so I purchased a IOGear print server. I connected the printer > print server >...
  8. W2K19 Server - No HP printer drivers

W2K19 Server - No HP printer drivers: Hi there I'm running a W2K19 server as a Virtual machine - and trying to install an HP MFP M28-31 series Laser printer. Ms detected the printer and I can print without a problem but that's all -- no scanning etc. I logon to the HP website - it detects the OS bizarrely as W10...
  9. Printer Driver Install

Printer Driver Install: I have been trying to install my HP Printer Driver for Weeks and I cannot get it installed. It keep getting error messages about adminstrator rights but theres only one account on my computer....
  10. Printer Driver Installation

Printer Driver Installation: I'm trying to add my new Windows 10 desktop computer to my Canon printer that is currently used by my other computers at home through Wi-Fi. When I tried to install the printer driver, I received an error message "A port with the same name already exists. Change the port...