Windows 10: the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7

Discus and support the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi yesterday I uninstalled an Avast antivirus on my computer and installed a new one Bitdefender. Unfortunately something went wrong because now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnaS_44364, Feb 23, 2021.

1. the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7

Hi

yesterday I uninstalled an Avast antivirus on my computer and installed a new one Bitdefender.

Unfortunately something went wrong because now I receive a message that windows will shut down in one minute and there is nothing I can do on my computer unless I turn off the wifi.

I copied the logs error that is repeting each tme Im restarting my computer, could you please help me fix it?

LogName: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll

Date: 23.02.202119:24:20

Event ID: 86

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Ann-HP

Description:

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization forWORKGROUP\ANN-HP$ via https://IFX-KeyId-8ffd47880e239a3a3a20de13edf101e882a9d21d.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scepfailed:

GetCACaps

Method: GET31ms

Stage: GetCACaps

The server name or address could not be resolved0x80072ee7 WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<ProviderName="Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll" Guid="{54164045-7C50-4905-963F-E5BC1EEF0CCA}"EventSourceName="CertEnroll" />

<EventIDQualifiers="49754">86</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreatedSystemTime="2021-02-23T18:24:20.6100659Z" />

<EventRecordID>13568</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0"ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Ann-HP</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18"/>

</System>

<EventData>

<DataName="Context">WORKGROUP\ANN-HP$</Data>

<Data Name="Url">https://IFX-KeyId-8ffd47880e239a3a3a20de13edf101e882a9d21d.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep</Data>

<DataName="MessageText">GetCACaps

</Data>

<DataName="Method">GET31ms</Data>

<DataName="Stage">GetCACaps</Data>

<DataName="ErrorCode">The server name or address could not be resolved0x80072ee7 WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

AnnaS_44364, Feb 23, 2021

2. Error: The server name or address could not be resolved

I have a problem with my laptop. I cannot download anything from the internet, for example: I try to download Foxit Reader from ninite.com. It starts to run and download, but suddenly the screen appears: Download failed, the server name or address could
    not be resolved. I have tried to download other apps like: iTunes,... but it doesn't work at all. What should I do now?

Marble.com, Feb 23, 2021
  3. invalid server name

I have bought this E-72 few days back it automatically started giving this message invalid server name once i tried to use internet with wifi........it was working perfectly fine

i tried all methods to resolve the issue but failed.

some one please suggest with steps or screen shots.

Thanx

Roll_Model, Feb 23, 2021
  4. the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7

Windows store error codes 0x80072EE7 and 0x8000FFFF

Hi Briann,

The 0x80072EE7 error code may occur if the computer cannot find the correct IP address when it tries to resolve an URL for the Windows Update website. To resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
      key.
    • Type services.msc then press Enter.
    • Scroll down and look for Windows Update, right click and choose
      Properties.
    • Choose any Startup type except Disabled.
    • On Service status select Start.
    • Apply and hit OK.
    Please post back with the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Melowin Mar, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7

1. the server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7 - Similar Threads - server name address

2. Server name or address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server name or address: Help please find discovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-name-or-address/20f60a90-6ec4-4ae9-a288-5e8252bc4d5d
  3. I have error while checking certificate. The server name or address could not be resolved".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have error while checking certificate. The server name or address could not be resolved".: I have tried to install several versions of cst studio suite. Every time after installation it showing that "error while checking certificate. The server name Or address could not be relaxed. " Why is this happening? When I first installed and opened the service it doesn't...
  4. I have error while checking certificate. The server name or address could not be resolved".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have error while checking certificate. The server name or address could not be resolved".: I have tried to install several versions of cst studio suite. Every time after installation it showing that "error while checking certificate. The server name Or address could not be relaxed. " Why is this happening? When I first installed and opened the service it doesn't...
  5. In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.

in Windows 10 Customization
    In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.: I'm trying to add a VPN to my Windows 10 settings. First, I'm unsure if I need to add it. My VPN is Mullvad v, 2022.2 If the answer is yes, add the VPN, then where do I find the server name and address? As it's - Mullvad - a worldwide VPN service, how do I add an address and...
  6. extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...: Hi All,I have got a few 2008 servers, that I want to install and activate ESU. I was able to activate ESU on some of the servers, however, I was not able to activate on others. All the serves are in the same VLAN and same network security is applied to them. All got internet...
  7. extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...

extended security updates: ERROR FOUND 0x80072ee7. The server name and address could not be...: Hi All,I have got a few 2008 servers, that I want to install and activate ESU. I was able to activate ESU on some of the servers, however, I was not able to activate on others. All the serves are in the same VLAN and same network security is applied to them. All got internet...
  8. Windows 8.1 Pro 0x80070057 "The server name or address could not be resolved" Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Pro 0x80070057 "The server name or address could not be resolved" Error: Before I get to the 0x80070057 Error, my laptop had been stuck on the blue screen of death saying "Your PC ran into a problem, we'll restart it for you" which was stuck constantly restarting and had recently been fixed. I don't know if that error caused me to have some...
  9. Windows 8.1 Pro 0x80070057 "The server name or address could not be resolved" Error

Windows 8.1 Pro 0x80070057 "The server name or address could not be resolved" Error: Before I get to the 0x80070057 Error, my laptop had been stuck on the blue screen of death saying "Your PC ran into a problem, we'll restart it for you" which was stuck constantly restarting and had recently been fixed. I don't know if that error caused me to have some...
  10. VPN Server name and address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Server name and address: where do I find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-server-name-and-address/a90156a2-8945-4978-be7c-3862eda8dae2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download failed the server name or address could not be resolved

2. the server name or address could not be resolved