Windows 10: The service Windows Modules Installer Freezes my PC

Discus and support The service Windows Modules Installer Freezes my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time this process starts running, my PC freezes, just stop working and i have to hard reset it. In order for me to use the pc again, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gideon van der Linde, Dec 10, 2019.

1. The service Windows Modules Installer Freezes my PC

Every time this process starts running, my PC freezes, just stop working and i have to hard reset it.

In order for me to use the pc again, I have to hard reset it and once it is booted get to Services as quick as possible to disable the Windows Modules Installer and Windows Update service. Unfortunately this does not solve my problem as these services gets enabled again my the OS and I have to constantly monitor these services to disable it as soon as I noticed its enabled again. This is driving me nuts.

This has been going on for almost a year now and I have tried every possible solution I could get my hands apart from reinstalling the OS from scratch.

I have tried every possible solution to try and update my PC and absolutely everything is failing to fix the problem or perform a windows update.

Can anyone please help me?

:)

Gideon van der Linde, Dec 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 10, 2019
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Dec 10, 2019
  4. zafiro666 Win User

The service Windows Modules Installer Freezes my PC

Windows Modules Installer Freezes my pc

Every time this process starts running, my pc just stop working and i have to hard reset it.

In order for me to use the pc, i have to disable the moduls installer from the services window.

is there any info about it?

zafiro666, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

The service Windows Modules Installer Freezes my PC

1. The service Windows Modules Installer Freezes my PC - Similar Threads - service Modules Installer

2. tell the windows module installer dependency in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tell the windows module installer dependency in services: pls tell me all dependencies of windows modules installer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tell-the-windows-module-installer-dependency-in/61e457c8-71b6-4d3d-b468-3002d4442aa1
  3. tell the windows module installer dependency in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tell the windows module installer dependency in services: pls tell me all dependencies of windows modules installer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tell-the-windows-module-installer-dependency-in/61e457c8-71b6-4d3d-b468-3002d4442aa1
  4. tell the windows module installer dependency in services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Modules Installer Services state change automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Modules Installer Services state change automatically: Hi,As we are using splunk to perform our log management, we have stumble upon a log entry where it state that "Windows Modules Installer Services was changed from autostart to demand start, and back to autostart".I would like to ask whether service state change occur due to...
  6. Windows Modules Installer Services state change automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Modules Installer Services state change automatically: Hi,As we are using splunk to perform our log management, we have stumble upon a log entry where it state that "Windows Modules Installer Services was changed from autostart to demand start, and back to autostart".I would like to ask whether service state change occur due to...
  7. How to disable Windows Module Installer? It is slowing down and freezing my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Windows Module Installer? It is slowing down and freezing my computer: How can I disable Windows Modules Installer?Is it a virus or malware? It slows down my computer that browsing the internet with a ten year old GSM phone works faster.How can I stop, delete or remove this horrible program?...
  8. Services Windows Modules Installer Error Code: 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Services Windows Modules Installer Error Code: 2: Can someone help me? I can't start Windows Modules Installer on Services it says error code 2, and I found out that the Trustedinstaller.exe is missing, and I don't know how to download Trustedinstaller.exe can someone help me?...
  9. Windows Modules Installer Freezes my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Freezes my pc: Every time this process starts running, my pc just stop working and i have to hard reset it. In order for me to use the pc, i have to disable the moduls installer from the services window. is there any info about it?...
  10. Windows Modules Installer does not exist in Services.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Modules Installer does not exist in Services.: I was trying to run sfc /scannow, which gave me: Code: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.[/quote] I figured through google that it's the problem of the Windows Modules Installer, and the problem seemed to be the default setting of its startup...