Windows 10: The settings app does not display some options without admin rights.

Discus and support The settings app does not display some options without admin rights. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, In the (good and better) old control panel, which unfortunately Microsoft is letting die more and more, you get a UAC request or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mfessler, Sep 8, 2020.

1. mfessler Win User

The settings app does not display some options without admin rights.

Hello everybody,

In the (good and better) old control panel, which unfortunately Microsoft is letting die more and more, you get a UAC request or the user login dialog for certain settings.
    Unfortunately, this is not the case with the settings app, here - if the user does not have admin rights - certain points are simply not displayed.

If the areas were at least grayed out... but simply not showing them is really impractical.

I don't want to have to go through all the submenus every 6 months to find the differences.
    And then do the whole thing a second time to test whether a setting is device- or only user-specific.

Is there another possibility?
    Unfortunately, the settings app (as a UWP app) cannot be run with other rights.
    Or is there a solution in the meantime?

I'm grateful for every tip.

Thanks and greetings,
    Martin

:)

mfessler, Sep 8, 2020

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. The settings app does not display some options without admin rights. - Similar Threads - settings app does

2. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  3. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  4. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Restart a service without admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart a service without admin rights: Trying to further secure the company network and I need to know of a way that a user can restart a software service when they don't have local admin rights? Basically part of the business uses a piece of software to print documents and sometimes this software stops working...
  6. Restart a service without admin rights

Restart a service without admin rights: Trying to further secure the company network and I need to know of a way that a user can restart a software service when they don't have local admin rights? Basically part of the business uses a piece of software to print documents and sometimes this software stops working...
  7. Shutdown computer without admin rights?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown computer without admin rights?: submitted by /u/SilentMediator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m59os7/shutdown_computer_without_admin_rights/
  8. The settings app does not display some options without admin rights. Running UWP apps as...

The settings app does not display some options without admin rights. Running UWP apps as...: Hello everybody, In the good and better old control panel, which unfortunately Microsoft is letting die more and more, you get a UAC request or the user login dialog for certain settings. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the settings app, here - if the user does not...
  9. Run UWP apps with admin rights, start software as admin without password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run UWP apps with admin rights, start software as admin without password.: Hello everybody, I have two problems regarding user accounts without admin rights: UWP apps: Is there really no way to execute UWP apps like "Settings" with admin rights? Win32/64 software: Would like to run a software with admin rights, but the user should not get the...
  10. Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights

Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights: Hi, Recent days, my pc cannot run some programs: - SQL Server Management Studio [ATTACH] - Visual Studio cannot Publish websites with FTP publishing mode - Logitech Gaming Software - lgcore.exe cannot run at start up. To fix it, I have to set combability mode of exe...