Windows 10: The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.

Discus and support The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/waterstorm29 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqls00/the_settings_app_keeps_crashing_on_one_account/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/waterstorm29, May 15, 2022.

1. The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.

/u/waterstorm29, May 15, 2022

2. Settings App keeps crashing

I completed these steps. This message came up at the end: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

The settings app keeps crashing, though.

SariahMarth, May 15, 2022
  3. SETTINGS APP CRASHES

Hello, thanks for replying to my question. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem before viewing your reply. I created a temporary new user account using command prompt and used the new user account to update windows 10. As soon as my windows 10
    is up to date the settings app no longer crash. For the time being, the problem is solved. If in the future this problem surface again I might try the steps you suggested.

Kelsey Mun, May 15, 2022
  4. angus Win User

The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 15, 2022
Thema:

The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.

1. The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another. - Similar Threads - Settings app keeps

2. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transfer a bought app on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  3. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a bought app on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  4. Transfer a bought app on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings app keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app keeps crashing!: I'm trying to access "Privacy" -> "Activity History" in Settings but whenever I click on "Activity History" it crashed the app and it's very frustrating! This also happens elsewhere in the app, e.g. sometime in "Display". Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/whodidthis-...
  6. settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings app keeps crashing: my settings app is driving me crazy ive been trying to reset my pc but settings has been crashing so i cant. any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-keeps-crashing/f26239d3-70a5-44af-8221-a3f76460e568
  7. Clone one account's settings to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clone one account's settings to another: When creating a new account, even a new admin, more than HALF the apps and settings in the original admin account ARE MISSING from the new account. I want to clone ALL those settings to the new account. A solution listed elsewhere here indicated that copying all but a few...
  8. Settings App keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings App keeps crashing: I updated my Surface Pro yesterday, and again today and now I am having problems with my laptop freezing, randomly restarting, and the settings app keeps crashing no matter what I do. I have restarted it, turned it off and on again, and checked with Windows Security. With so...
  9. Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.

Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.: Hi, I have two Gmail Accounts connected to the Windows 10 Mail App. Let's call them A and B. I've had A connected to the app for a few years, but connected B a year or so ago, but I don't often send emails from that one. Today, I needed to send an email from B, so I sent...
  10. App crashes on one specific account

App crashes on one specific account: Hi, I have downloaded an app and it crashes every time I open it. So I created a new account and guess what, it works just fine Seems like there's something called corrupted account with Microsoft lately. And I don't want to create a new account every time issue happens...