Windows 10: The settings app on windows 11 is not opening

Discus and support The settings app on windows 11 is not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows settings app is not opening on my computer. I run a Win 11 Windows insiderBuild 225567.ni_release.220225-1325. Whenever I click on it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iammdarham, Mar 22, 2022.

1. The settings app on windows 11 is not opening

The Windows settings app is not opening on my computer. I run a Win 11 Windows insiderBuild 225567.ni_release.220225-1325. Whenever I click on it the entire taskbar freezes and the start button just doesn't work! Its happening since yesterday.

:)

iammdarham, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. The settings app on windows 11 is not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 22, 2022
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 22, 2022
  4. The settings app on windows 11 is not opening

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

The settings app on windows 11 is not opening

1. The settings app on windows 11 is not opening - Similar Threads - settings app opening

2. Windows 11 Settings App Not Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Settings App Not Opening: I need serious help. Not sure when this became an issue for me, but the settings app on my laptop won't open no matter what I do. I've done literally everything I could search up, up to and including: -Using the command Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel*...
  3. Windows 11 Settings App Not Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Settings App Not Opening: I need serious help. Not sure when this became an issue for me, but the settings app on my laptop won't open no matter what I do. I've done literally everything I could search up, up to and including: -Using the command Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel*...
  4. Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11: I've tried restarting my device, but it didn't help at all. If I go on my start menu, for settings app appears like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-wont-open-on-windows-11/620043af-5416-4fa2-aada-c2749f3f7832
  5. Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11

Settings App Won't Open on Windows 11: I've tried restarting my device, but it didn't help at all. If I go on my start menu, for settings app appears like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-wont-open-on-windows-11/620043af-5416-4fa2-aada-c2749f3f7832
  6. i cant open the settings app on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open the settings app on windows 11: ive tried practically everything yet i still cant open up the settings app, i am very fustrated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-settings-app-on-windows-11/c1707f37-5b29-497c-ab4b-730eae92bd25
  7. The settings app on windows 11 is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings app on windows 11 is not opening: The Windows settings app is not opening on my computer. I run a Win 11 Windows insiderBuild 225567.ni_release.220225-1325. Whenever I click on it the entire taskbar freezes and the start button just doesn't work! Its happening since yesterday....
  8. Settings App will not open after update to Windows 11.

Settings App will not open after update to Windows 11.: I have experienced so many issues after updating to Windows 11. Microsoft Teams will no longer open, and for some reason trying to create a chart in Word, Powerpoint, or Excel just crashes the app. But my most pressing issue is that the Settings App will not open.After...
  9. Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app won't open on Windows 11?: Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?...
  10. Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

Settings app won't open on Windows 11?: Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?...