Windows 10: The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...

Discus and support The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been struggling with this for hours. I've tried to open up the settings app and the settings icon will show up on my task bar, but when i click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aiden Case, Jun 28, 2020.

1. The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...

I've been struggling with this for hours. I've tried to open up the settings app and the settings icon will show up on my task bar, but when i click on the icon, nothing appears. I've tried to run a sfc file cleaner, I've restarted my pc, and I've tried multiple troubleshooters. Any way to fix this issue?

:)

Aiden Case, Jun 28, 2020

2. The SETTINGS icon doesn't appear in taskbar when SETTINGS app is open

All of a sudden, my Settings icon no longer appears in the taskbar when I open the Settings app as seen in the image link below:

https://i.imgur.com/v83WRhB.png

What is going on and how do I get it back? This is bothering me much more than it should.

The only recent thing I did was uninstall
    Dopamine
    (a music player app) and reinstall it. I've done this before with no issues before now.

• Windows 10 Home
    • vers 1903
    • OS build 18362.239

YES, I've restarted to see if that corrects the issue. It doesn't.

BananaFrappe, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Mail & Edge won't appear along taskbar & no icons are appearing for either.

Hi Ramon

I have run the SFC and a clean boot as you suggest but the problem persists.

Another little example of the problem is I opened the Calculator app for use recently, and upon minimising it the icon did not appear on the taskbar below and so Calculator became no longer retrievable from that point.

I have now managed to pin the Mail app to the taskbar, but this was only achieved by finding an old email and opening it through Mail which was set as the default program. Mail still does not appear in the programs list.

Any further suggestions?

chasunderpay, Jun 28, 2020
  4. RK1997 Win User

The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...

Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?

I have Avast turned off there, but its icon indeed appears next to Throttlestop whenever it is open. I mean any program that's currently open has its icon appear in taskbar.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't appear inside system tray. But look, this time, its icon is present inside the taskbar.

The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I... [​IMG]

RK1997, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...

1. The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I... - Similar Threads - Settings icon appear

2. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  3. Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Languages in the taskbar are not appearing in the settings: Hello,*I added screenshots as links because for some reason this system didn't let me to attach photosOn the task bar I have 4 languages see screenshot but on the settings I see only 2 languages screenshot 2I would like to remove 1 of the Hebrew and also the English UK...
  4. some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear: some of icon at taskbar doesn't appear even though i open it. i have restart my laptop but still same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-icon-at-taskbar-doesnt-appear/039095f2-3928-40a0-bf9e-6d22b0e3322e
  5. Profile picture not appearing in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile picture not appearing in the Settings app: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with my profile picture not appearing in the Settings app. It's a local account. The profile picture is visible in the Start menu, log in screen. The system is up to date as well. Thanks in foward! submitted by /u/Ocxulus [link]...
  6. setting appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting appearance: someone, please help me with my windows setting appearance. i dont know why. usually, when i open the setting it will show account image and name but suddenly it disappears. please help. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. The SETTINGS icon doesn't appear in taskbar when SETTINGS app is open

The SETTINGS icon doesn't appear in taskbar when SETTINGS app is open: All of a sudden, my Settings icon no longer appears in the taskbar when I open the Settings app as seen in the image link below: https://i.imgur.com/v83WRhB.png What is going on and how do I get it back? This is bothering me much more than it should. The only recent...
  8. windows doesn't remember appearance setting

windows doesn't remember appearance setting: Hello, i am running on Windows 10 PRO 64 bit, on user without admin privilegies. If i change appearance setting to custom, after next restart, it changes to default. I don't have nosave dword in registry to delete. Google found this as only solution. No idea what to do...
  9. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...
  10. missing icons on settings > choose icons to appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    missing icons on settings > choose icons to appear on taskbar: Hi all please see the screenshot. [img] is there a way to fix this? thanks! 42338