Windows 10: The settings tab wont open

Discus and support The settings tab wont open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The settings tab wont open and I dont want to change accounts because I have installed Microsoft Office and eset. I've tried all the commands in cmd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael12211, Dec 26, 2020.

1. The settings tab wont open

The settings tab wont open and I dont want to change accounts because I have installed Microsoft Office and eset. I've tried all the commands in cmd and task manager like sfc and rebboting all and specifically settings. Is there a solution to this. This post was made on 12/26/20.

:)

Michael12211, Dec 26, 2020

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 26, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Opening edge with set tab

" I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting Edge again."

Open your Mail in a tab, to get address, then open Settings. Hit the 3 line menu (upper L) then Startup. Use the options in screenshot. I have 2 start pages listed but you get the idea -

The settings tab wont open [​IMG]

mrgeek, Dec 26, 2020
  4. The settings tab wont open

Personalization tab won't open.

I tried to open it with other accounts and it will work

Not only the personalization tab is the on that wouldn't work but also, the settings app.

I tried all of the steps above but, it wont work.

Joshua Armaine GerzanGilo, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

The settings tab wont open

1. The settings tab wont open - Similar Threads - settings tab wont

2. Settings wont open, I can open the tab but it wont appear on my screeen, windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings wont open, I can open the tab but it wont appear on my screeen, windows 11.: Unable to "open" settings, the tab can open, Im able to kill its task on TM. But no matter what i try i cant get the setting tab to just open....
  3. Settings wont open, I can open the tab but it wont appear on my screeen, windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings wont open, I can open the tab but it wont appear on my screeen, windows 11.: Unable to "open" settings, the tab can open, Im able to kill its task on TM. But no matter what i try i cant get the setting tab to just open....
  4. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  5. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  6. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. SETTINGS WONT OPEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTINGS WONT OPEN: Hi there! I am using Windows 10 Education and I first kept getting error "windows insider build ran into a problem" and then my pc used to reboot. 2 days back i noticed that now I am unable to use the settings in the notification panel. I then tried to open settings and they...
  8. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  9. Setting Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  10. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: Click on gear win 10 get error when trying to open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/settings-wont-open/40055783-c3a7-42ed-bb93-343a4a6e946f