Windows 10: The shortcuts on taskbar won’t work

Discus and support The shortcuts on taskbar won’t work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am clicking on the icons on the Taskbar but they are not working!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Willian Lawhon, Sep 20, 2020.

1. The shortcuts on taskbar won’t work

I am clicking on the icons on the Taskbar but they are not working!

:)

Willian Lawhon, Sep 20, 2020

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 20, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. JTArnott Win User

The shortcuts on taskbar won’t work

How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

This answer is troubling. Yes, after opening the calculator, I could right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. BUT, why was I unable to simply drag the shortcut from the desktop? This answer says I "should be able to drag and drop",
    but I wasn't. What's the root cause of THAT failure?

JTArnott, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

The shortcuts on taskbar won’t work

1. The shortcuts on taskbar won’t work - Similar Threads - shortcuts taskbar won’t

2. taskbar doesn't work except for shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar doesn't work except for shortcuts: Hi all, I have a slight problem at the moment on my laptop I have a Dell Inspiron and my issues is that my taskbar is completely useless except for opening the programs already there. I can't open my settings, search bar the windows tab or even to change my wi-fi its all...
  3. taskbar doesn't work except for shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar doesn't work except for shortcuts: Hi all, I have a slight problem at the moment on my laptop I have a Dell Inspiron and my issues is that my taskbar is completely useless except for opening the programs already there. I can't open my settings, search bar the windows tab or even to change my wi-fi its all...
  4. taskbar doesn't work except for shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar shortcuts: Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could separately pin them individually side by side in the taskbar but now I can't for some reason, any help is appreciated submitted by...
  6. Taskbar won’t move

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won’t move: Yes i have the task bar “Unlocked” i try moving those 2 lines || , but they just won’t move, the only thing moving is my mouse with the <||> Idk what to do submitted by /u/YRNCuh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipygpt/taskbar_wont_move/
  7. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. I reset the computer yesterday, and it seemed to work fine. Today, it doesn't even want to load the desktop on startup. Run SFC and it came...
  8. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. After booting into safe mode, it seemed to work again, but then failed to launch anything in the next few hours. I reset the computer...
  9. desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working: Desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-taskbar-shortcuts-not-working/0a60d373-afe7-4835-86b4-b97a67c39fd8
  10. shortcuts don't work on start or taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts don't work on start or taskbar: Just installed Windows 10 - totally successful BUT: no shortcuts/links work in start menu, desktop or taskbar except for links to modern UI apps. Even weirder - shortcuts work if palced in saem directory as the target file/exe but not if then moved elsewhere, like desktop....