Windows 10: The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession

Discus and support The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having the same issue on my fathers laptop after updating to Windows 10 from 8.1. Its a Lenovo window 10 The Shutdown menu appears and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davidrockQV, May 21, 2019.

1. The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession

I am having the same issue on my fathers laptop after updating to Windows 10 from 8.1. Its a Lenovo window 10

The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession and if I open folders or windows it will close them after around 10-15 seconds by itself.

:)

davidrockQV, May 21, 2019

2. Most used apps list in start menu appears and disappears randomly upon restart.

When i restart my windows 10 pro the most used apps list in the start menu disappears and appears randomly. sometimes after a restart it disappears and when i lunch any app it gets added to the most used list and then when i restart again it appears empty
    again.

And in other times after i restart it appears normally with a full list of my most used apps from before. how to fix this annoying issue?

crissoliva, May 21, 2019
  3. Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists disappear randomly. I am attaching a screenshot for this. This also happens when after I close any game (Eg. Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider etc).

The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession [​IMG]

The icons, though invisible are still working if I move my cursor over them and click them. Restarting explorer.exe fixed the problem temporarily.

sabaatworld, May 21, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession [​IMG]

AndreTen, May 21, 2019
Thema:

The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession

1. The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession - Similar Threads - Shutdown menu appears

2. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  3. BSOD appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD appearing multiple times: Hello, I would like some help, I own a DELL G15, intel i5, 32 GB Ram, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650.This laptop is not even a year old, i dont even game on this laptop is purely for work and college, and having problems already is rather frustrating..I recieved multiple BDOS about...
  4. BSOD appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD appearing multiple times: Hello, I would like some help, I own a DELL G15, intel i5, 32 GB Ram, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650.This laptop is not even a year old, i dont even game on this laptop is purely for work and college, and having problems already is rather frustrating..I recieved multiple BDOS about...
  5. BSOD appearing multiple times

6. Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown

Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown: Windows 11After a successful shutdown of Windows 11, about 5-10 minutes later Windows will restart. After another shutdown and about 5-10 minutes later, Windows will again restart. Shutting down after restart from the opening page without login right hand corner yields the...
  7. Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly restarts after successful shutdown: Windows 11After a successful shutdown of Windows 11, about 5-10 minutes later Windows will restart. After another shutdown and about 5-10 minutes later, Windows will again restart. Shutting down after restart from the opening page without login right hand corner yields the...
  8. Audio appears and disappears randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio appears and disappears randomly: Hi all, For no apparent reason audio from my laptop's internal speakers appears and disappears. As I was troubleshooting I noticed random fluctuation in the audio levels in Windows Stereo Mixer. Take a look at this short video here demonstrating both the audio loss as well...
  9. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown: Hello there, I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example. The...
  10. Printer driver installs multiple times successfully

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Printer driver installs multiple times successfully: When I turn on my backup machine (Win 10 home, 1607 14393.1480) it installs a printer driver multiple times successfully. How can I mark this so it doesn't continually update? [img] 89258