Windows 10: The SID and Reusing a previously used UserID

Discus and support The SID and Reusing a previously used UserID in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If a user leaves the company, and his/her userID was a member of various AD groups, they userID is disabled. If the userID is again used, will that new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RCS1600, Apr 6, 2022.

1. RCS1600 Win User

The SID and Reusing a previously used UserID

If a user leaves the company, and his/her userID was a member of various AD groups, they userID is disabled. If the userID is again used, will that new user with the userID have access to the AD groups that the previous user had, or will the new SID be checked and thus the new user would not be allowed access as a member of the AD group?

:)

RCS1600, Apr 6, 2022

2. How to reuse the previously used finger but removed later in the function Windows Hello

How to reuse the previously used finger but removed later in the function Windows Hello?

My
    device (HP ProBook 440 G4)

Earlier fingerprints were registered but I deleted them. The list of registered fingerprints is now empty. I'm trying to register a fingerprint that was previously used, but the system reports that "Something went wrong".

However, registration of previously unused fingerprints passes without problems.

Only the uncomfortable fingers remained;

Where in Windows Hello are stored previously used but deleted from the system store, how to clean this cache?

Sorry, the translation into English is mechanical.

Mikhail_Taran, Apr 6, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

The SID and Reusing a previously used UserID [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Apr 6, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

1. The SID and Reusing a previously used UserID - Similar Threads - SID Reusing previously

2. Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID: I have very recently learned about a company that automatically uses your email account UserID for creating an identical UserID when you register to use that company's services.To my mind that is a security nightmare.May I ask for your opinion about this?Thank you....
  3. SID info

SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  4. SID info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  5. The SID and Reusing a previously used UserID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The SID and Reusing a previously used UserID: If a user leaves the company, and his/her userID was a member of various AD groups, they userID is disabled. If the userID is again used, will that new user with the userID have access to the AD groups that the previous user had, or will the new SID be checked and thus the...
  6. Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application SID does not match Conductor SID.: I have a user who consistently has issue with start Cisco AnyConnect VPN application. The application will not launch. I checked the logs and saw this message in the Event Viewer. [ATTACH] Is this error revolving around permissions? Thanks for your assistance. ~...
  7. UserID

in Windows 10 Customization
    UserID: how do i change my userID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/userid/22ef5c71-abdd-4b4d-903a-2969b5c8b4db
  8. Unknown SID

Unknown SID: I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  9. SID question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253
  10. forgot my userid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgot my userid: I cannot remember my userid in win 10. It was always preloaded in win 7 so didnt think about it. Any ideas? Please, it is awful. 39977