Windows 10: The sidebar icons not responding in start menu

Discus and support The sidebar icons not responding in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You pretty much understand my problem.. The sidebar in start menu where the account, documents, settings etc. come Whenever I click on any 1 of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kushagra Lamba, Jul 6, 2020.

1. The sidebar icons not responding in start menu

You pretty much understand my problem..
    The sidebar in start menu where the account, documents, settings etc. come
    Whenever I click on any 1 of them It doesn't respond.. The start menu just crashes.
    I don't know why but this new win 10 update is awful.
    It takes upto 2 gb ram without opening anything,
    It has many problems,
    I hate it..

:)

Kushagra Lamba, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 6, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

The sidebar icons not responding in start menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Jul 6, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

The sidebar icons not responding in start menu

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

The sidebar icons not responding in start menu

1. The sidebar icons not responding in start menu - Similar Threads - sidebar icons responding

2. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  3. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  4. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  5. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  6. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Start menu not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not responding: Whenever I open the start menu, it works for a few seconds (but can't open any applications) and stops responding and finally closes automatically. The start menu can no longer be used to open any applications. The search bar, if not opened with the start menu opened, works...
  8. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise: I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc...
  9. Left Sidebar on the Start Menu is collapsed showing just Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Sidebar on the Start Menu is collapsed showing just Icons: Please help spent hours googling, but just end up at customisation guides, which none mention the situation Iv'e made [img] to expand the icons and see names of folders I need click "expand" icon at top. [img] What have I done and how can I get it back to...
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601