Windows 10: The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do

Discus and support The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I've downloaded The Outer Worlds from the Xbox App, started it, and was met with a "You are not signed in to Xbox Live. Cloud Saves are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cloudropis, Dec 24, 2019.

1. The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do

Today I've downloaded The Outer Worlds from the Xbox App, started it, and was met with a "You are not signed in to Xbox Live. Cloud Saves are unavailable" message. Weird, I thought, I got this from Game Pass and I'm clearly logged in the app.

Trying to troubleshoot it I realized I couldn't log in in any of my apps that require Microsoft identification - for example, the Xbox Companion app, which I never started before, would give me a 0x409 error and wouldn't let me log in. Not only that, none of the additional links within that window, like asking for a password reset, would work at all. I was still logged in the MS Store and in the Xbox App, but once I tried logging out the latter in order to log in again and see if that fixed it, it wouldn't let me log in at all! Same thing as the companion app, the whole window was unresponsive. It would refresh the page alright, when clicking to log in, but it didn't actually log me in.

I spent the whole afternoon troubleshooting this, which includedmaking sure that Windows was fully updated and so were the Apps, and I followed this very specific help thread. This explained how to manually re-install the Xbox Identity Provider. After a couple of tries it worked and let me in log in back into both the Xbox App and the Companion App:the main problem, however, still persisted, the game would tell me that I'm not signed in. I tried another game, Wargroove, and that also wouldn't work at all as it required me to "Authorize Wargroove to access my account".

That's when I realized what theproblem was: anytime the PC should show me the Microsoft account authenticator not sure about the name but I mean this nothing would happen. I had fun trying all the other stuff in my PC that I know, for a fact, should make that window pop up, and see that nothing worked correcty. For example, going into Settings > Account > Email & Accounts > Accounts Used by Other Apps, clicking on my existing account and clicking Manage? Nothing would happen. Add a Microsoft Account? Nothing would happen.Everytime a link should've made the Sign In window appear, or a browser redirect window open, nothing would happen.

I know for a fact this used to work. If I go into account.live.com/consent/manage I can see apps that correctly made the Sign In window appear and in which I successfully logged in, other games that require the microsoft account like MvC:I and Halo - all of which I logged in weeks ago. It appears some Windows update in the last 20 or so days broke the authentication,as I cannot give give consent to any new app. No problems on the web, I can access to all my microsoft, outlook, xbox etc accounts no problem from Chrome and the Sign In window appears fine, it's just everything on my local machine that refuses to work. If I go into my managing my devices I can see my PC is recognized and seen as connected too.

Any help?

:)

cloudropis, Dec 24, 2019

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 24, 2019
  3. How to use the authenticator app on an iPhone to sign in.

On an iPhone, I suspect you're using the Google Authenticator App not the Microsoft Authenticator App. Is this correct?

If using Google Authenticator the first few search results should help

google authenticator help - Google-Suche

Don

Don Varnau, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Valeriu Win User

The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do [​IMG]

Valeriu, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do

1. The Sign In authenticator window is broken, and I don't know what to do - Similar Threads - Sign authenticator window

2. Pc is broken and I don’t know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is broken and I don’t know what to do: I restarted my pc after trying to fix a past problem and when I am on the sign in screen, it says my pin isn’t available. It won’t let me fix it, and I can’t boot into safe mode because whenever I try, the pc doesn’t connect to the monitor. This happened after I went to the...
  3. Pc is broken and I don’t know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc is broken and I don’t know what to do: I restarted my pc after trying to fix a past problem and when I am on the sign in screen, it says my pin isn’t available. It won’t let me fix it, and I can’t boot into safe mode because whenever I try, the pc doesn’t connect to the monitor. This happened after I went to the...
  4. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't know what to do anymore: Hi, yesterday everything was slightly okay until I turned on my laptop to see that I need to activate my Windows 10??? The laptop came with Windows 10 but not with the Windows 10 disc so I have no ways of reactivating the key. Please OH PLEASE HELP ME.This command doesn't...
  5. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  6. I don't know what to do at this point

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't know what to do at this point: [ATTACH] I can't deal with this anymore. I don't know what I could use to solve this problem. The gamebar, search, the movies and tv app, all have this problem. If you don't know, I have this problem where the processes freak out. As you can see, it says weather, yet it's on...
  7. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  8. Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop: I have a 4 year old laptop which windows doesn't let the updates to be downloaded on due to lack of space. It is an older model solid state drive model with 32GB of storage. Currently I have used all the tricks in the book to bring down the volume of stuff on it but still I...
  9. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't know what to do anymore: Basically I hate windows 10 and wanted to go back to windows 7, sadly windows doesn't want to cooperate with me. I want a clean install so all my files and settings would get removed and/or reset which is totally fine. Sadly windows 10 does not like me, I've been stuck at...
  10. Sometimes I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes I don't know what to do: One of my colleagues can't open .pst file. She is using MS Outlook 2013. Only yesterday hers .pst file was fine. 92750