Windows 10: The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Discus and support The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]When trying to login to Windows 10 PC, if you receive or see a message that says— The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 18, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns [​IMG]
    When trying to login to Windows 10 PC, if you receive or see a message that says— The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns, this post will help you fix the problem. The error appears because multiple sign-in has failed either because someone attempted to log in or you […]

This article The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Daxid1943 Win User

Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

I have the same problem, in that my Microsoft Surface will not accept my PIN login since the last update (? about 2 weeks ago). I get the error message " this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different
    sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again". I have done this without success.

I have now tried the solution above you gave, but this has not worked either. Please advise.

[Post split by the moderator.]

Daxid1943, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 desktop keeps locking. Says "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

I would like to disable the feature that locks the computer due to "failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns." Twice it's happened, and it's a major pain. I realize that it's a security feature, but I feel that given my home situation - very secure
    - I am willing to take the risk.

Thanks in advance.

GillianGilman, Jun 18, 2021
  4. The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Sign-In option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Morning,

I have a Desktop machine that was working fine last week.

A colleauge of mine changed the pin but forgot to tell us what it was when she left.

We tried what we thought was the default pin a couple of times, then contacted her for the correct pin.

When we ented the pin, we for the "Sign-In option is disabled" error code. We have left the machine over night but the message is still present. In regards to troubleshooting:

• Rebooted the device,
    • Left the device running for over 12 hours,
    • Attempted to use the Password option, but same error (This is the correct password),
    • We then try to Reset Password but do not have access to a Reset disk,
    • We have an Admin account but do not have access to the password as the employee has now left.

Thank you

Jacksonr78, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

1. The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns - Similar Threads - sign option disabled

2. my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my pin on my pc wont work. "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in...: So my pc has a decent amount of problem and I'm sending it in for service because when I boot up the taskbar is not there and I have to turn off my power supply and back on again and now Its not letting me use my pin so I removed it for now and am using a password....
  3. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it: Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can us the other sign-in options." And this was great. I could hit "lock", and it...
  4. Sign in option disabled

Sign in option disabled: So i was casually using my computer then it said that it ran into error and it restarted itself. Now i tried to turn it on but when i tried to login/enter my pin it said that it has disabled sign in option and that i have to leave it under power source for 2 hours even tho i...
  5. Sign in Option is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign in Option is disabled: Hi, when I was logging into my Pc with my Pin then I an error message came : this sign in option is disabled try witg another sign in option or try after 2 hours. Sign in options is not showing. If it was showing I would have done with my password but sign in options are...
  6. Sign-In option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Sign-In option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns: Morning, I have a Desktop machine that was working fine last week. A colleauge of mine changed the pin but forgot to tell us what it was when she left. We tried what we thought was the default pin a couple of times, then contacted her for the correct pin. When we ented...
  7. Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of...

Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of...: My functional microsoft account is attached to an email that no longer existsbusiness, bankruptcy, etc. Do I have to now go rouge hacker and excise windows 10 from my laptop just to avoid this inane and user-hobblingsecurity feature? This sign in option is disabled because...
  8. Sign-in Options all disabled

Sign-in Options all disabled: So, I'm on an Acer laptop with Windows 10 Home. My laptop is personal, I am the only one that uses it, and yet this is what shows up when I go to sign-in options:[ATTACH] All I want to do in regards to sign-in is to disable Windows Hello and change my options so I don't...
  9. Sign in option disabled

Sign in option disabled: After an update yesterday every time I try to log into my laptop I get a message saying the pin option has been disabled because of logging in too often or something like that and I must log in as an administrator OR leave my laptop on for 2 hours, what the hell? So then I...
  10. Sign-in Options disabled

Sign-in Options disabled: Cannot enable Facial Recognition. Setup button does not transition to setup screen. Neither does fingerprint setup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-disabled/1f14cea7-8e61-4710-bc3c-691caeb681da"