Windows 10: The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Discus and support The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For close to a week now, my laptop has been going to the blue screen and automatically restarting. The stop code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sophiejacobs, Jan 16, 2022.

1. The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

For close to a week now, my laptop has been going to the blue screen and automatically restarting. The stop code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. I had not yet fixed this problem, but my laptop was still usable, as I could often still use it for extended periods of time. Yesterday, however, I had to repeatedly shut down and turn back on my laptop and am now locked out. I would just wait the two hours with my laptop powered on so that I could get in and change the settings to not lock me out, but my laptop will not stay on that long without restarting. I've gotten to over an hour, but I cannot g

:)

sophiejacobs, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Daxid1943 Win User

Surface won't accept Pin - "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

I have the same problem, in that my Microsoft Surface will not accept my PIN login since the last update (? about 2 weeks ago). I get the error message " this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different
    sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again". I have done this without success.

I have now tried the solution above you gave, but this has not worked either. Please advise.

[Post split by the moderator.]

Daxid1943, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Windows 10 desktop keeps locking. Says "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns."

I would like to disable the feature that locks the computer due to "failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns." Twice it's happened, and it's a major pain. I realize that it's a security feature, but I feel that given my home situation - very secure
    - I am willing to take the risk.

Thanks in advance.

GillianGilman, Jan 16, 2022
  4. The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Sign-In option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Morning,

I have a Desktop machine that was working fine last week.

A colleauge of mine changed the pin but forgot to tell us what it was when she left.

We tried what we thought was the default pin a couple of times, then contacted her for the correct pin.

When we ented the pin, we for the "Sign-In option is disabled" error code. We have left the machine over night but the message is still present. In regards to troubleshooting:

• Rebooted the device,
    • Left the device running for over 12 hours,
    • Attempted to use the Password option, but same error (This is the correct password),
    • We then try to Reset Password but do not have access to a Reset disk,
    • We have an Admin account but do not have access to the password as the employee has now left.

Thank you

Jacksonr78, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

1. The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns - Similar Threads - sign option disabled

2. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again." I got this message when I tried to enter my PIN not knowing why. I have no...
  3. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: Hi, please help! So last night my pc got a command like this:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again".But this morning I...
  4. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: I have an older Lenovo laptop from a few years ago that I gave to my family, they forgot the PIN to it and locked themselves out, I have the correct PIN and the password associated with the Microsoft account however I'm unable to login, when booting up I'm met with a...
  5. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: I have an older Lenovo laptop from a few years ago that I gave to my family, they forgot the PIN to it and locked themselves out, I have the correct PIN and the password associated with the Microsoft account however I'm unable to login, when booting up I'm met with a...
  6. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...: My PC's sound was working since July 25 so I had to contact costomer support. I did everthing they told me to do and also washed my PC. Ever since I did a driver update, my PC started randomly rebooting on its own and showing bluescreen sometimes. When the screen shows it...
  7. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: I have issues with Windows 11 that I unable to log in with the error "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a....."I already try wait 2 hours but it still the same. Please help me on this...
  8. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns” How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because-of-failed/4bd907ca-f4e5-4d52-84e6-dad6fe6d2d77
  9. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: Hello Sir/Madam.I just used it 5 hours ago at school and then I came home and opened it up it showed like this : "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at...
  10. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"....: So randomly last night about 12 hours ago my laptop with Windows 11 shows the above error message when I input my pin."This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for...