Windows 10: The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

Discus and support The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Origin has just started a special promotion where you can claim The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) – free of charge! That’s right, starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 21, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

Read more:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, May 21, 2019

2. The sims 3 or 4? Anyone play them?

Am thinking of investing in one of sims 3 or 4. Thought it might be a good game to get into and might be something my young son can enjoy too. I don’t see much point in just getting the base game as so many features are missing. So will get a few expansions too. But does anyone play the sims? With expansions also in mind is the sims 4 much better than 3? I guess in my experience sequels aren’t necessarily better so I thought maybe sims 3 could still be the better game?

Scottyboy99, May 21, 2019
  3. The Sims 4 Gaming problem

Hi Fiona,

The issue might cause if the game is compatible with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game from the manufacturer website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2019
  4. The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

Unable to play Sims 4 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

As per the description, I understand that you are facing an error "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" while launching SIMS 4 in your computer. It seems like the issue is related with the inconsistency in the system files or
    driver update. I will certainly help you with your issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you install SIMS 4?
    • Have you installed any updates before/after installing the game?
    • What are the system requirements for the game?
    • Have you update your Graphic Drivers?
    Refer the following steps to update graphic driver.

• Click on start button and go to control panel on the right column.
    • Change the view by (from windows explorer) to
      large icons or small icons.
    • Double Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptor, double click on the available entry.
    • Click the tab Driver, click Update Driver.
    Note: I also suggest you to update the display card driver from the computer manufacturer website as well.

Please confirm with the SIMS 4 support if they have released any patches for this game.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check you are able to play game.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

Refer to the link to perform clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

If issue persists please have this game reinstall and check again.

Following are the steps to remove SIMS 4 from Program and Features:

• Press Windows + R, type control panel and then click on
      ok.
    • Double click on Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall all the SIMS 4 related software.
    • Reinstall the application.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 21, 2019
Thema:

The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

1. The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time - Similar Threads - Sims Base Game

2. Sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims 4: Hello!I would like to download the Sims 4 on my laptop. However, I have Windows S Mode enabled and don't want to turn it off. The app can't be found in the Microsoft Store and I wanted to ask if there was any way to download the Sims 4 anyway.I hope there is a solution to...
  3. Sims 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sims 4: Hello!I would like to download the Sims 4 on my laptop. However, I have Windows S Mode enabled and don't want to turn it off. The app can't be found in the Microsoft Store and I wanted to ask if there was any way to download the Sims 4 anyway.I hope there is a solution to...
  4. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I have an external hard drive when i move everything into my external drive and open up sims it makes a whole new folder in my documents, can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sims-4/c7c723df-5f3b-4d64-99cd-e8acb5d290b1
  5. Sims 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sims 4: I brought sims 4 as a download from the Microsoft store a while ago. My laptop had to be reset and now I can't find it on the store at all. Is it still available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sims-4/b2065ebe-18f8-41f8-8c4b-2ebb0fd1d1a9
  6. erreor on forza horizon 4 standard edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    erreor on forza horizon 4 standard edition: hello i am jessy and i would like to play forza horizon 4 on my pc but i have it now but there is a media tool componets required. but what is that? do i have to buy windows AGIAN? and if I need to buy windows agian WHY IS IT SO expensive ! microsoft please lower your...
  7. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I just recently got the HP 14 stream and was hoping to download the Sims 4 onto the computer. I understand I would need to purchase/download via the Microsoft store, however the game is not available. I also was looking for a first hand downloader through the store and I can...
  8. Game -Sims 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game -Sims 4: Hello i have a Microsoft Surface Laptop Intel Core i7-7660U/512GB SSD/16GB RAM will it be able to run the Sims 4 with all exapansion packs and different Mods? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-sims-4/0021b1a9-9c5a-4ff4-b5d0-fcbdd4db5b15
  9. the sims 4

in Windows 10 Customization
    the sims 4: I just updated and restarted my computer. I downloaded the sims 4 from origin, why when I'm on the sims 4 on one side of the screen I click switches to desktop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sims-4/a75f2746-b61a-4ad8-b3f4-700bdf428baa
  10. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I cant get sims 4 to play on my new hp laptop. it says the game is not compatible for this computer. I bought this laptop specifically to play sims 4, and because it met all of the minimum requirements to play the game. please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the sims 4 base game standard edition free download