Windows 10: The size of text is changing unexpectedly when laptop is undocked (W10)

Discus and support The size of text is changing unexpectedly when laptop is undocked (W10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have seen couple of similar topics in here but there wasn't answer anywhere. I'm experiencing an issue with Size of text when I undock my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vzatek Vitezslav, Jul 24, 2018.

1. The size of text is changing unexpectedly when laptop is undocked (W10)

Hi,

I have seen couple of similar topics in here but there wasn't answer anywhere.

I'm experiencing an issue with Size of text when I undock my laptop. I'm using 100% all the time on all displays I'm using but when I undock my laptop the text size is bigger (probably 125%) and the settings still shows 100%. There is a workaround I'm using and was also mentioned in forums to manually switch to higher percentage and back. This workaround works for me but it's really annoying to do that 20 times a day. Is there any way to solve this bug so I would not need to do that manually all the time? Don't tell me that this is a feature, please. It is not.

I'm having Windows 10, DELL Latitude E5570, DELL D3100 docking station with newest drivers so upgrading drivers is not an option.

Will appreciate any grateful answer.

BR,

Vita

:)

Vzatek Vitezslav, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Undock laptop then dock, all display of windows is lost

when undocking laptop then docking the display windows change size

dayslizard101, Jul 24, 2018
  4. The size of text is changing unexpectedly when laptop is undocked (W10)

Undock Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you facing any issue while undocking the laptop from docking station?
    As of now there is no such software “undock" button for Windows 10, you can use hardware undock button to undock the laptop.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

The size of text is changing unexpectedly when laptop is undocked (W10)

1. The size of text is changing unexpectedly when laptop is undocked (W10) - Similar Threads - size text changing

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Blue Screen BSOD when undocking laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen BSOD when undocking laptop: My HP laptop started blue screening when I unplug it from the USB C dock. I have installed all available driver and firmware updates. Can someone please check the attached minidump files and help me with this?Dump Files...
  4. Blue Screen BSOD when undocking laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen BSOD when undocking laptop: My HP laptop started blue screening when I unplug it from the USB C dock. I have installed all available driver and firmware updates. Can someone please check the attached minidump files and help me with this?Dump Files...
  5. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  6. Mousepad: text size is changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad: text size is changing: When I am using Mousepad, the text size is changing. It is an annoying issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousepad-text-size-is-changing/65857ecf-abec-439c-b204-2e5c9162667d
  7. My W10 text size changes, at times, when I use the mousepad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My W10 text size changes, at times, when I use the mousepad.: It has done this over different laptops and different versions of Windows. I want it to stop. Hopefully, it is just a settings option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-w10-text-size-changes-at-times-when-i-use-the/fe9f93f9-c3ac-466f-a764-96b56e34b81c
  8. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. Time zone changes when undocked

in Windows 10 Support
    Time zone changes when undocked: On one users computer, the time zone seems to change when she undocks her computer. Suddenly the time is 2 hours off (until today, when it was 3 hours off, presumably because of the DST change over the weekend). When she re-docs, the time reverts to normal. Any thoughts?...