Windows 10: The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060

Discus and support The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently removed my Nvidia Graphics card from my PC. The system fluidity considerably decreased and now the sleep mode option form the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Al_Salvador, Oct 22, 2020.

1. The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060

I recently removed my Nvidia Graphics card from my PC. The system fluidity considerably decreased and now the sleep mode option form the start menu disappeared. How can I fix those problem? Most posts on this community aren't really clear on where the problem might be If it's a driver issue or something else. I use an intel i7 8700K.

Thanks

:)

Al_Salvador, Oct 22, 2020

2. Sleep mode option disappearing from Start Menu

Hello,

I have an issue where my Sleep mode button is disappearing from the Start Menu whenever I unplug from the AC
    power supply and go on battery. See screenshot below. On the left is when I'm AC power and the right is on battery power. See how the Sleep mode button disappears? I would like to prevent this from happening. I've checked everywhere in my Power Options for some sort of setting. I'm using the High Performance setting with all the defaults. My computer is a Toshiba Portege Z30-C laptop running Windows 10 64-bit.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060 [​IMG]

The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060 [​IMG]

LuckyCoffee, Oct 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Sleep mode option disappearing from Start Menu

Perhaps check this is not set:

dalchina, Oct 22, 2020
  4. The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060

Sleep mode option disappearing from Start Menu

If you look at the settings for sleep in Settings it will say a qualifier "when Plugged in" my PC is always plugged in and sleep still does not work.

Josey Wales, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060

1. The Sleep Mode option disappeared from the Start menu when I removed my Nvidia Geforce 1060 - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode option

2. Sleep Option disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Option disappeared from PC: My PC had hard disk problem and had just had a hard disk replacement and also upgrade to Windows 11. Apparently there is no sleep option anywhere on my PC now, and it does not go to sleep even if I leave it idle for hours.No sleep option at the power off section:No sleep...
  3. Sleep Option disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Option disappeared from PC: My PC had hard disk problem and had just had a hard disk replacement and also upgrade to Windows 11. Apparently there is no sleep option anywhere on my PC now, and it does not go to sleep even if I leave it idle for hours.No sleep option at the power off section:No sleep...
  4. The sleep option disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The sleep option disappeared: Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing...
  5. REEEEeeeeeeee NVIDIA 1060

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    REEEEeeeeeeee NVIDIA 1060: Sorry to have 2 threads going. USE THIS ONE. MODS - delete the other one if you want. I don't see how to do it. 19042.870 is where I am now Now my 1060 3Gb freezes my system Plants VS Zombie GW2, a relatively old game and the only one I play It started AFTER 1 of these I...
  6. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  7. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  8. Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce: My laptop has a NVidia GeForce 940 mx graphic card but due to format (which was done by a person from Microsoft) of my laptop, the display card is set to intel. When I ran the directX diagnosis, it said my graphic card was the intel chip family. but it also said I have the...
  9. 6GB Geforce GTX 1060 and OC

6GB Geforce GTX 1060 and OC: Wow, what have I been missing, this new card is excellent!!! Q: With the card, which has been installed 2 days now, came some software one of which is: EVGA Precision XOC Just how 'clever' or dangerous is overclocking? I messed about with it a little and its setting...
  10. Sleep mode option disappearing from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode option disappearing from Start Menu: Hello, I have an issue where my Sleep mode button is disappearing from the Start Menu whenever I unplug from the AC power supply and go on battery. See screenshot below. On the left is when I'm AC power and the right is on battery power. See how the Sleep mode button...