Windows 10: The sleep option disappeared

Discus and support The sleep option disappeared in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jose188H, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Jose188H Win User

The sleep option disappeared

Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing at the time, but I have no way to check this as the screen kept on turning off as if my pc was off too. Had to forcefully reboot but when it turned on the sleep button was nowhere to be seen. I only noticed when I went to sleep and accidentally clicked shut down instead of sleep. I noticed other people have had this prob

:)

Jose188H, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

The sleep option disappeared [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

1. The sleep option disappeared - Similar Threads - sleep option disappeared

2. Sleep Option disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Option disappeared from PC: My PC had hard disk problem and had just had a hard disk replacement and also upgrade to Windows 11. Apparently there is no sleep option anywhere on my PC now, and it does not go to sleep even if I leave it idle for hours.No sleep option at the power off section:No sleep...
  3. Sleep Option disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Option disappeared from PC: My PC had hard disk problem and had just had a hard disk replacement and also upgrade to Windows 11. Apparently there is no sleep option anywhere on my PC now, and it does not go to sleep even if I leave it idle for hours.No sleep option at the power off section:No sleep...
  4. The sleep option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The sleep option has disappeared: The option of putting my desktop in sleep mode no longer shows up when I go to power options. I can hibernate it, but can't seem to restore the sleep option. Any suggestions?...
  5. The sleep option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep option has disappeared: The option of putting my desktop in sleep mode no longer shows up when I go to power options. I can hibernate it, but can't seem to restore the sleep option. Any suggestions?...
  6. The sleep option has disappeared

7. Sleep Option Has Disappeared

Sleep Option Has Disappeared: After months of having the sleep option on my windows 11 PC, it has disappeared. I have tried everything I know in the troubleshooting guides to no avail. Specifically, I have followed the fixes in this article,...
  8. Sleep Option Has Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Option Has Disappeared: After months of having the sleep option on my windows 11 PC, it has disappeared. I have tried everything I know in the troubleshooting guides to no avail. Specifically, I have followed the fixes in this article,...
  9. The sleep option disappeared

The sleep option disappeared: Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing...
  10. The sleep option disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The sleep option disappeared: Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing...