Windows 10: The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed. How do I ungrey it ?N

Discus and support The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed. How do I ungrey it ?N in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I see one Settings > Taskbar that the slider "on-off" is greyed and on "off "position. How do I ungrey it so that U turn it on ? Tanks for help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bornival, Dec 18, 2020.

1. bornival Win User

The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed. How do I ungrey it ?N

Hi,

I see one Settings > Taskbar that the slider "on-off" is greyed and on "off "position.

How do I ungrey it so that U turn it on ?

Tanks for help.

Windows 10

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.685]

:)

bornival, Dec 18, 2020

2. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

Just an fyi: If you have <Use small badges> turned on; the <Show badges on taskbar buttons? will be greyed out and the badges will not display.

kcmichaelb, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    What are Taskbar Badges

Hello JJG10, The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed.  How do I  ungrey it ?N :)

The tutorial below can help give you more details about taskbar button badges. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail apps badge shows you the number of unseen emails (not unread). The Alarms & Clock app’s badge will show you that you have an active alarm. The Weather app’s badge lets you know when there is a weather alert in the area.

Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Paultx Win User

The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed. How do I ungrey it ?N

Taskbar option greyed out

I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges.

My system:

The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed.  How do I  ungrey it ?N [​IMG]

English version:

The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed.  How do I  ungrey it ?N [​IMG]

Any idea why it is greyed out?

My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in advance.

Paultx, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. The slide on-off for "Show badges on the taskbar buttons" is greyed. How do I ungrey it ?N - Similar Threads - slide off Show

2. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  3. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  4. Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons": Hello."Show badges on taskbar buttons" is locked and sturdier than the walls of Moria for some unknown reason. Help a Hobbit out? I want to see notifications on my messaging apps. Now I never know if someone's messaged me....
  5. Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons": Hello."Show badges on taskbar buttons" is locked and sturdier than the walls of Moria for some unknown reason. Help a Hobbit out? I want to see notifications on my messaging apps. Now I never know if someone's messaged me....
  6. Can't turn on "Show badges on taskbar buttons"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?: The Search button is not appearing on the task bar. I have tried a lot in the settings but I cannot find how to add the search button to the taskbar....
  8. Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out: Good afternoon can someone help please when I click Show accent color on the Taskbar….. taskbar grayed out Someone must know how? I have tried everything at least 6 times and nothing works > I can't Change my Taskbar Color?' It's dead - grayed out show accent color …… the...
  9. Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out: Good afternoon can someone help please when I click Show accent color on the Taskbar….. taskbar grayed out Someone must know how? I have tried everything at least 6 times and nothing works > I can't Change my Taskbar Color?' It's dead - grayed out show accent color …… the...
  10. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10: How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail...